• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
ha, bundle of 5 on the Bay for £5k.... really...

mmm might wait for Drivers to mature a bit and pick up the FE for 16GB Vram and get back into modding/modeling and rendering . seems an easier price to swallow

Permabanned
Just nabbed a AIO Powercolor Vega.
Still says payment pending though.
ha, bundle of 5 on the Bay for £5k.... really...

I just did the same, Yesterday I ordered the Sapphire AIO and an 850 watt psu, Together they came to £780 so I just rang OCUK and got the order transferred to the Powercolor model so I don't get a psu now which means the price sucks but at least the waiting will be over,
I'll have to re-install my old TX850 psu. Both the 6gb Asus 1060 and 650 watt EVGA G2 psu are only a couple of months old at most so I'll sell them on the MM in the next day or two hopefully and use the money to get a new psu.

Soldato
Leon my DPD driver is approximately 15 minutes away from me - doing delivery 47 - I am number 50... Trouble is I have to go out and get the last schools stuff for the kids before I get to play with it. :(

Genuinely gutted for Nash, Gerard and all the others who thought they had the card only to be disappointed - I'd be angry and sad in equal measure too. Just a bit of bad luck there guys - keep rolling with the punches...

Caporegime
Genuinely gutted for Nash, Gerard and all the others who thought they had the card only to be disappointed - I'd be angry and sad in equal measure too. Just a bit of bad luck there guys - keep rolling with the punches...

Somebody screwed up, its that simple, though i am dubious about the 1000 cards claim and how quickly they sold out, especially considering they weren't listed on the main site for a while and you had to follow a link gibbo had in the forum.

Doesn't really bother me as i had a good idea i wasn't getting one after seeing dispatch notifications going out and not receiving one. I was sort of 50\50 on the card as well. Just would have preferred they emailed me and told me what was going on instead of leaving me in limbo. No way i'm paying these new inflated prices that are just blatant profiteering, so meh. :p

Soldato
I just did the same, Yesterday I ordered the Sapphire AIO and an 850 watt psu, Together they came to £780 so I just rang OCUK and got the order transferred to the Powercolor model so I don't get a psu now which means the price sucks but at least the waiting will be over,
I'll have to re-install my old TX850 psu. Both the 6gb Asus 1060 and 650 watt EVGA G2 psu are only a couple of months old at most so I'll sell them on the MM in the next day or two hopefully and use the money to get a new psu.

1: A TX850 is fine for Vega.
2: If you've ordered a reference card then depending on the rest of your spec and how hard you plan on overclocking the GPU then a G2 650 may well be too.

Permabanned
Leon my DPD driver is approximately 15 minutes away from me - doing delivery 47 - I am number 50... Trouble is I have to go out and get the last schools stuff for the kids before I get to play with it. :(

Paying almost £800 for a Vega, some people really do bend over and take it don't they?

I think the truth is we've all been getting screwed on PC pricing for some time.

Somebody screwed up, its that simple, though i am dubious about the 1000 cards claim and how quickly they sold out, especially considering they weren't listed on the main site for a while and you had to follow a link gibbo had in the forum.

Doesn't really bother me as i had a good idea i wasn't getting one after seeing dispatch notifications going out and not receiving one. I was sort of 50\50 on the card as well. Just would have preferred they emailed me and told me what was going on instead of leaving me in limbo. No way i'm paying these new inflated prices that are just blatant profiteering, so meh. :p

I was left with the impression it was a dead cert yesterday which was why I phoned back and added the psu to the order. I'm disappointed OCUK wouldn't knock something off the price today seeing as it was £130 more than my order should have been but at least I've now got the card on route now (I got the it's shipped e-mail moments ago), Add to that how I'm confident that it will remain both relevant and well supported for some time it'll pay for itself in the long run. I know their will be driver maturity issues due to it being new architecturally but I can live with that.

That does look sex :cool:

Agreed,

It looks great..

Associate
Moved the cousin down to make way: http://imgur.com/a/mIJzC

Anyone know how to make unigine use the correct GPU? :D

Vega is *primary* in radeon settings...

edit dawned on me I didnt actually reboot since driver *install* (installed earlier but first vega boot); windows BSOD on boot so the RX480 is off for now :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom