• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
Not gonna waste peoples time with more pics of the same card design, but this is what's in the Sapphire reference box:

DSC_0286_1.jpg

Kinda lol TBH, looks like they were in a rush so just hacked up the sponge for another box then forgot to put any accessories in (no manual, no cables, not even a driver CD lol). Guess they're struggling to meet demand.

Associate
If you're having an issue slecting the right GPU, have you considered pulling the cousin out of the motherboard and unplugging it's power? Not like it makes any diff to the WC loop if it's generating heat or not.

It actually wouldn't reboot with both in after the first boot (BSOD) so the RX480 is unplugged for now :p

Man of Honour
OP
Welcome and TROH updated.:)

The Roll of Honour.

k0HZfc3.png

Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ubersonic, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, AMDMatt, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, TonyTurbo78, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, MDPlatts, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Vega 64.

Associate
Not sure wattman is actually changing voltages as temps aren't improving, 3200 rpm seems to be a sweet spot to avoid thermal throttling at stock core; cant be arsed OCing the core clock with this blower but got 1100 memory no problem!

http://i.imgur.com/9g4jCvm.png

Time for a few benches before putting it on low power until drivers/tools mature or I get a proper heatsink :D

Associate
Managed to secure one of the (relatively few?) discounted Sapphire reference models yesterday - thank Overclockers!

My RX 480 will get some rest on Thursday when the new card is due to be delivered (some delay at the courier's end, from what communications they have sent).

Caporegime
Not sure wattman is actually changing voltages as temps aren't improving, 3200 rpm seems to be a sweet spot to avoid thermal throttling at stock core; cant be arsed OCing the core clock with this blower but got 1100 memory no problem!

Time for a few benches before putting it on low power until drivers/tools mature or I get a proper heatsink :D

I'm working with engineering on reproducing this bug, i will likely file a ticket soon to get it fixed. Voltage control for Core/Memory not working when you select the Custom performance watt profile.

If you select Power Saving, voltage should drop by around 0.100mv to 1.1v. This may vary from GPU to GPU, but it should be roughly around that figure. Selecting Turbo, applying, then selecting Custom and adjusting Power Limit/Fan speed to suit should give you around 1.2v Vega 64.

Associate
Has anyone changed paste yet ** or is going to** for some Grizzlie or Liquid metal. Dont think i've ever used a GPU which I havent changed the thermal paste on .

definitely no point with the blower.

quick 3d mark firestrike after ensuring 1630 core was stable and a quick 1100 mem overclock: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/13364658

3d mark has no clue what frequency the card is running so all the journalism on vega leaks is even more funny now!

Soldato
definitely no point with the blower.

quick 3d mark firestrike after ensuring 1630 core was stable and a quick 1100 mem overclock: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/13364658

3d mark has no clue what frequency the card is running so all the journalism on vega leaks is even more funny now!

I did it with my GTX 1080 Turbo an knocked off 7c at load before I went to water and on a few client builds where they wanted the cheapest card and sound wasnt an issue - guessing most of these will go under water at the £450 price tag

Associate

Oh wow, wattman lets you adjust the memory!!!! I have been so missing that on my fury x. To many issues with afterburner....

Soldato
Not gonna waste peoples time with more pics of the same card design, but this is what's in the Sapphire reference box:

DSC_0286_1.jpg

Kinda lol TBH, looks like they were in a rush so just hacked up the sponge for another box then forgot to put any accessories in (no manual, no cables, not even a driver CD lol). Guess they're struggling to meet demand.

I noticed the same too. Not even a cable! Some serious cut backs here!

Back
Top Bottom