• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
It's a bloomin joke, They send reviewers boxes with cubes and bit's and bob's and send the paying public these half-arsed looking boxes with nothing but the card inside, I'm half expecting to find my card wrapped in a bin liner when I get it. :rolleyes:
To be honest the practice of giving reviewers some glorious limited edition package with bells and whistles to drum up hype is boiling my bangers.

It's seriously misrepresenting the product. I compare it to the pictures of fast food you see on adverts, then you go to the restaurant and get a soggy burger with sauce dribbling out the side and a bun that has been squashed in transit.

Soldato
I think I have the latest beta drivers, my motherboard does have a plx chip that might be causing the problem. I have 17.30.1051-b6
I could be wrong but I believe this is the first GPU to be hardware compatible with Windows 10 secure boot, means load of fun new nonsense like the machine refusing to boot if the card has a modded BIOS and stuff.

Caporegime
It's a bloomin joke, They send reviewers boxes with cubes and bit's and bob's and send the paying public these half-arsed looking boxes with nothing but the card inside, I'm half expecting to find my card wrapped in a bin liner when I get it. :rolleyes:

The reviewers got a free card with stuff the paying people don't even get. The aio box is pretty large so maybe the acrylic cube might be in it? Wouldn't hold my breath though, all the review samples were sent out by sapphire.

Soldato
Wouldn't hold my breath though, all the review samples were sent out by sapphire.
Mines a Sapphire, can you spot the cube:

DSC_0286_1.jpg

:D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
The reviewers got a free card with stuff the paying people don't even get. The aio box is pretty large so maybe the acrylic cube might be in it? Wouldn't hold my breath though, all the review samples were sent out by sapphire.

Nope - like I said before just the card/rad/fan (all pre connected/assembled - though probably need to remove/reverse the fan for my case), a little bag of very-small case screws and two small white paper "manuals" - but at least there was no hack-n-slash going on with the foam.

A PCIe connector protector would have been good to include though.

But then I've never used any CD which came with a card - always downloaded the latest from the chipset people even in the early internet days. My PSU has all the right connectors so no molex stuff required as most high power PSU's will have the 8-pin stuff already.

There is no real need for any convertors/dongles for with dp and hdmi only connectors - some AIB cards will come with DVI. Anything else would be for a limited market or bump the price up for the rest of us. So I'm happy with sparse products.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato

I've never seen this before unless you were buying OEM which I once got a GeForce 3 in an anti-static bag with bubble wrap. Considering it was listed as OEM as I knew what I was getting. Though it still came with a driver CD.

To be honest the practice of giving reviewers some glorious limited edition package with bells and whistles to drum up hype is boiling my bangers.

It's seriously misrepresenting the product. I compare it to the pictures of fast food you see on adverts, then you go to the restaurant and get a soggy burger with sauce dribbling out the side and a bun that has been squashed in transit.
Falling Down 1993.

Caporegime

I just found what was missing from the retail packages!

This

HVEz49Z.gif

:p

Associate
It boots ok but it is on display compatibility mode and I can't get into Radeon settings. Yes I am using the Rx Vega driver, I will check but I am pretty sure. It is saying to install an and graphics card when I try to get into setting.

Associate
Great....gotta love DPD and their drivers who say they couldn't deliver the package when they don't even show up in the first place :mad:

Delivery rescheduled for tomorrow... :rolleyes:

V F

V F

Soldato
Great....gotta love DPD and their drivers who say they couldn't deliver the package when they don't even show up in the first place :mad:

Delivery rescheduled for tomorrow... :rolleyes:

Just as well it wasn't a Friday. Other couriers that done that to me was because it fell on the last weekday. City-Link was terrible for that. Sometimes Parcelforce. You were fine as long as it wasn't Thursday or Friday. "Carded too far out - rescheduled"

What card? Where?

Back
Top Bottom