• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
Ok this is strange..I'm just running some benches here with GPU-Z and wattman open. With my frequency percentage at 0% so default clock, my core is locked at 1630mhz. Ive just done 2 solid runs of heaven and the clock has not budged at all from 1630mhz. I can downlock/overclock it which I then see a difference in the reading, so I know the reading is correct ie the reading has not stuck at 1630mhz, but I thought this would throttle. Sitting at 83c (which I'm really not happy with) with a 2500rpm fixed fan speed for the benches.

Just a note, the card does 1700mhz on the clock dropping the voltage control to 1080mv :) going to be fun on water this thing :)

you get the feeling everything was down clocked not for Nvidia marketing of stating lower speeds and then it boosts way higher, but to keep heat and power down .
Aorus and Strix version should be impressive for air AIB versions :D

Soldato
36466036401_4476433169_b.jpg

Associate
I'm having some real problems with my Vega right now - System keeps rebooting when in games (Especially battlefield 1) and after a longer period of time when stressing it with synthetic benchmarks like fur mark and uniengine. It isn't as bad when in power save mode, but still does it at some point.

I suspect it is my power supply crapping out, which I find odd because it's a good quality one - EVGA 550watt Gold Modular. It's rated for 540w on the 12v rails so I don't see why it feels out of spec. I have a power meter running and in balanced mode with CPU loaded and GPU loaded to the max, I see no more than around 400w being pulled. Maximum I have seen in turbo mode was about 460w total system load. In power save total loading in game goes down to less than 350w.

It seems odd, it's not hot to the touch either...

Anyway, I will confirm this theory soon as I have an Cosair rm650x on the way. If it does fix the problem I think EVGA will be getting a message from me!

Soldato

Got a similar thing happening with my AIO - it's listed on the product page as having a boost clock of 1677 however in GPU-Z the default clock is showing as 1750Mhz. Wattman also shows a solid 1750 when running the Rise of The Tomb Raider benchmark in 'turbo' mode. I'm thinking it may be to do with the default 'balanced' profile as when I run the same benchmark in that mode it shows the clock as mostly at 1668 (still not quite 1677 but close enough I suppose) with the occasional boost up to 1750. Running the turbo profile automatically increases the power limit to +25% so maybe the listed boost clocks are for the default balanced profile where the power limit is at the default 0%?

Associate
I'm having some real problems with my Vega right now - System keeps rebooting when in games (Especially battlefield 1) and after a longer period of time when stressing it with synthetic benchmarks like fur mark and uniengine. It isn't as bad when in power save mode, but still does it at some point.

I suspect it is my power supply crapping out, which I find odd because it's a good quality one - EVGA 550watt Gold Modular. It's rated for 540w on the 12v rails so I don't see why it feels out of spec. I have a power meter running and in balanced mode with CPU loaded and GPU loaded to the max, I see no more than around 400w being pulled. Maximum I have seen in turbo mode was about 460w total system load. In power save total loading in game goes down to less than 350w.

It seems odd, it's not hot to the touch either...

Anyway, I will confirm this theory soon as I have an Cosair rm650x on the way. If it does fix the problem I think EVGA will be getting a message from me!
I use a rm650x with mine , it didnt like my ryzen 1700 oc'd to 3.9 with vega, but everything is fine oc'd to 3.8 so far

Caporegime
At current prices it's almost worth spending a little more on the liquid edition one. At least temps are easier to control and it's the fastest one available.

Maybe so but if you go down the route of its "only" £60 more then you end up in the mentality you will pay out the ass for anything. Was already loathed to pay £640 but £700+ is taking the ****.

Aio's are gone now anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe the retarded miners card. Even undervolted it still draws more power than the GTX1070 while providing no extra performance, unless AMD launch it at £325 or less you would have to be mad to pick it up for crypto over a £350 GTX1070.

1070 is 26 vs 32. Most farms dont care to much for power draw - least in china - EU yes- but guessing some will have Renewable sources to power the rigs.
If your a uni student going into halls in Sept. you can just run the 56 for 9 months 24/7 :D

Soldato
1070 is 26 vs 32. Most farms dont care to much for power draw - least in china - EU yes- but guessing some will have Renewable sources to power the rigs.
If your a uni student going into halls in Sept. you can just run the 56 for 9 months 24/7 :D

1070 is 32 (I get 29MH/s out of mine but I'm dual mining SiaCoin). My rig with 6x1070 pulls 1030W - just to give you some idea of perf : power

Associate
Anyone messed around with undervolting yet in a controlled manner like the dude on Gamers Nexus?

was trying to replicate his results, i'm fairly certain it wasn't changing voltages as I couldn't get it to throttle the clockspeed whatever voltage; don't have a current meter so also couldn't tell immediately either.

seems like his press driver was better for wattman and/or its broken with vega 64!

Back
Top Bottom