New guy round these parts - House move recommendations

Associate
Hey guys! Looking for advice!

Joined back in November but only recently remembered these forums, seems to be a lot of like minded people here with a passion for hardware as you'd expect!

I'm here for advice... I'm 21 Y/O and am hoping to be buying my first house within the next month or so. It's just me on my own, so it's going to be one hell of a bachelor pad which I want kitted out to the max.

Obviously one of the main excitements of this is getting to build my own room dedicated to my PC and some real techie kit. At the moment I'm using a Crossover Blacktune on a horrendous desk from the 90s, it absolutely sucks and only has room for one monitor.

At this point I'm planning to grab the cliche setup of an Ikea Karlby and two Alex drawers, then get a second monitor to sit alongside my Blacktune 1440p, likely a XB271HU. My PC is already alright in spec - 4790k, 980ti all housed in a S340 Elite.

However, from anyone who either already has a badass home setup or has been through the same thing, I'm looking for recommendations on which pieces of tech you'd consider essentials, or even recommendations for cool decorations etc.

I'm absolutely open to anything - From Phillips Hue (which I have a starter kit of) to NAS recommendations, router recommendations, switches, networking equipment, speaker setups, storage arrays, TV and hifi setups. Hit me with anything you have or recommend and convince me to grab it for myself! What would you consider the pinnacles of technology in your home?!

Back
Top Bottom