• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Permabanned
He said to disable vrm monitoring in HWINFO, I'd just told him what I had tried with so I presumed he was saying to install that and disable it through that. Why would he then tell me to disable such and such if it isn't one of the programs I had just told him I was using?

I've uninstalled it now anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
N
Any pump whine on the AIOs like the FuryX ?

No pump whine here, I've investigated a bit more on my end and can confirm that it is the fan that is a bit noisy (it's more it's acoustic signature I don't like).

Would be interested to see how easy/hard it would be to replace.

EDIT: I'm talking about noise while under load, on idle it's near silent to my ears.

Caporegime
Nothing here. Like mentioned the fans a little louder than any other fans I'm using but not by much.

No pump whine here, I've investigated a bit more on my end and can confirm that it is the fan that is a bit noisy (it's more it's acoustic signature I don't like).

Would be interested to see how easy/hard it would be to replace.

EDIT: I'm talking about noise while under load, on idle it's near silent to my ears.

Thats good to hear :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
For the OP Kaap. :)

1x Sapphire RX Vega 64 Water

gWLbY8s.jpg

3XqVnzM.jpg

AehUNq9.jpg

One of the best looking GPUs I've ever had, and it feels lovely to the touch, too. :p

Excuse the cables, i quickly pulled out the Pro Duo's to have test.
Drool. Best looking GPU ever in my opinion. Enjoy mate :)

V F

V F

Soldato
:D

So, been playing around this morning looking at what the default Wattman profiles actually give us with standard Vega 64. That would be Power Saver, Balanced and Turbo. Just to see the difference in the clocks, temps and the amount of watts going to the wall socket. Got a small breakdown here if anyone interested. I don't understand why AMD recommend a 1000w PSU, absolutely bonkers if you ask me.

There's going to be a bit of randomness in the numbers, not sure all the sensors are reporting exacts at the moment, but I believe GPUz is to be trusted the most.

Power Saver (-25% power limit)
GPUz Core - 1200mhz (rough average)
Temp - 68c
Fan Speed - 2000rpm

36436882612_1a1f40b991_n.jpg

Balanced (0% power limit)
GPUz Core - 1536mhz (rough average)
Temp - 78c
Fan Speed - 2400rpm

36467628861_3225049a94_n.jpg

Turbo (+50% power limit)
GPUz Core - 1630mhz (rough average, did start to throttle at 85c)
Temp - 85c
Fan Speed - 2430rpm

36436881242_7a68053f67_n.jpg

How many of these wall socket devices have you got?

Soldato
Any owner of the Liquid Edition who like me is not impressed by the fan on the radiator? Pretty disappointed sound wise, does anyone know if it's an easy swap?
Can't say I've noticed the noise myself - the only thing bothering my with the card is that they put the tubing on the front of it - as I keep banging on about - but I mean who thought that was the best place for it?

No pump whine here either.

Caporegime
Drool. Best looking GPU ever in my opinion. Enjoy mate :)
Much obliged to you kind sir.

Sad to report that i believe my first Vega GPU is faulty, crashing at stock in different games and benches. Ordered a second and will be here tomorrow, so should be able to confirm if the first is indeed faulty.

This weekend i will be building a threadripper system, so hope to have plenty of benchmarks and videos up before long.

Back
Top Bottom