• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Permabanned
I just tried some Dirt 4 with gpu-z and real temp off, I also turned gpu scaling in wattman off and the stutter's no longer there, I then moved to Dirt Rally and halfway through the first stage I got booted out to Windows. I'm using a TX850 psu so I suppose I'd better grab a 1000 watter to rule that out, It's gonna mean I've spent somewhere from 900 to a grand though, that suck's :(

EDIT: I just looked and a 1000 watter costs around £200 sod that. I hope I don't find it's not that and then have to get a replacement anyway.

EDIT: I just spent some time in game with the power saving setting and it was fine so I'll have to spend a couple more days with it before spending on a psu, I really though 850 watt would be enough.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
bloody loving having a fast single card again, oh my goodness how smooth Forza Horizon 3 is. No stutters, hitches, bad frame latency, just rock solid 72fps with the in game frame cap to keep temps under 70c.

Which is funny. Remember it was all the marketing for dual cards. How great it was to be. Well partially it once was.

Then all the faffing about arrived. Tinkering and tweaking and disabling through profiles. As well as some developers simply not supporting it.

Funny how 3D TVs and dual cards have things in common. Came back several times and died.

Associate
I just tried some Dirt 4 with gpu-z and real temp off, I also turned gpu scaling in wattman off and the stutter's no longer there, I then moved to Dirt Rally and halfway through the first stage I got booted out to Windows. I'm using a TX850 psu so I suppose I'd better grab a 1000 watter to rule that out, It's gonna mean I've spent somewhere from 900 to a grand though, that suck's :(

EDIT: I just looked and a 1000 watter costs around £200 sod that. If I can't figure it out I'll have to get a replacement.

which card did you buy? my 750 supernova EVGA seems more than capable on the

Ah fair enough cheers

Associate
i can honestly say im am genuinely impressed by this card, maxed out at 80c in benchmarking and in all honesty the fan noise wasnt enough for me to complain about.

7103 on timespy without any tweaking. Will have a proper fondle tomorrow.

Soldato
bloody loving having a fast single card again, oh my goodness how smooth Forza Horizon 3 is. No stutters, hitches, bad frame latency, just rock solid 72fps with the in game frame cap to keep temps under 70c.

Which resolution are you running at? I haven't had time to play with mine much but Fozra, Rise of the Tombraider and one or two others games I tried won't go beyond 1920 x1080. Some games flag it up as "Unknown VGA Device" With other games such as Gears 4 it will go upto 1440p and play fine. I have downloaded the latest beta drivers from August.

Soldato

EDIT: I just looked and a 1000 watter costs around £200 sod that. If I can't figure it out I'll have to get a replacement.
I don't think its the limit of your PSU that's causing the problem Nasha - more likely that's it's perhaps not functioning that well as you said before it was quite old didn't you? Have you tried any other games yet - could it be exclusive to Dirt Rally your problems? I know The Evil Within has been unplayable due to stuttering on the Fury X cards since the Relive drivers were launched and it's still the same on Vega...

Soldato
Which resolution are you running at? I haven't had time to play with mine much but Fozra, Rise of the Tombraider and one or two others games I tried won't go beyond 1920 x1080. Some games flag it up as "Unknown VGA Device" With other games such as Gears 4 it will go upto 1440p and play fine. I have downloaded the latest beta drivers from August.
Odd. I've been using Rise of The Tomb Raider all day for benchmarking at 3440x1440 without issue...

Associate

+1

Was struggling to play with max details on my Fury at 2560x1440 now everything runs perfectly in the high 80-90fps all maxed out :cool:

Soldato
I know exactly how you feel - when I got my new system last year I originally had 390Xs in crossfire - I lasted for 10 days which were filled with pure disappointment and anguish - luckily OCUK allowed me to return them and replaced them with a Fury X. Never felt so let down as I did with Crossfire.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Just tried HL2 Lost Cost Benchmark at 3440x1440 and scored 298.0 FPS - didnt get anything different at 1080p - these numbers were running on power-saving mode which will be my normal mode until I need it.

Back
Top Bottom