• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Any owner of the Liquid Edition who like me is not impressed by the fan on the radiator? Pretty disappointed sound wise, does anyone know if it's an easy swap?

Yeah it's the same fan that was on the Fury X, everyone was praising the Fury X fan, I found it abominable, so I thought I might have been just my fan, so I replaced mine with a Noctua industrial PPC 3000 pwm, and use speedfan for the fan curve, it's infinitely better, runs at 650 rpm idle (inaudible) and I set it at around 1500 rpm for gaming, and the sound of it isn't annoying, it's got a low frequency drone, no high pitched frequencies.

Associate
Any owner of the Liquid Edition who like me is not impressed by the fan on the radiator? Pretty disappointed sound wise, does anyone know if it's an easy swap?

Yeah the sound is a bit annoying; a high whine/buzz. If I don't get used to it I may end up hacking a Noctua onto it but not yet eh. I'm also considering adding some vibration dampening whatevers between the fan and the radiator but I'm not convinced that will make a difference.

Associate
Yeah that buzzing sound seems to be coming directly from the fan motor/bearing. It's nothing unbearable for me but it is definitely annoying.

If any of you Gents were to make the move and change the fan I would greatly appreciate if you could share how you did it exactly.

Associate
The one on my fury X was the same, a mild but annoying bearing rattle sound (mostly annoying at idle), the solution I found was to ramp up the RPMs a little it made the fan a bit louder of course but removed the rattling noise

Soldato
Decided to go for the AIO as well and wanted to change the fan. Would be interested on how easy it is to remove as well, from unboxing vids it looks like you need to remove the shroud first? And then it's also cable tied to some of the tubing:

2tmQi4Zl.jpg

Associate
I don't think any of the apps are reading clocks properly. 1630 mhz for mine.
I undervolted the 1200mv to 800mv and passed a few benchmarks, scores were within margin of error with stock.
I did kill my 1200w psu though, which managed 290xfire for years but couldn't handle vega. I dried overclocking a little and it gave up the ghost, but it was old.

Caporegime
Decided to go for the AIO as well and wanted to change the fan. Would be interested on how easy it is to remove as well, from unboxing vids it looks like you need to remove the shroud first? And then it's also cable tied to some of the tubing:

2tmQi4Zl.jpg

Pretty sure the shroud can be taken off with the screws on the top and bottom of it. Think there's 4 or 6 total.

Associate
I suspect there are a fair few PSUs out there which were never capable of delivering on their rated capacities, but which have not been exposed as very few people are able to actually test their PSUs with high loads.

Exactly that... My EVGA supposedly capable of 550w was randomly tripping at less than 360w! This wasn't some cheap unit either, the gold standard apparently.

Either way, replacement Cosair RM650x is able to deliver over 500w when Vega is OC'd without tripping now!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Hopefully it will get even cooler and perhaps go further when I mount it into the case with the front case fan pushing into the rad and the rads (reversed) fan pushing the heat into the case (I know not ideal) and the two top mounted rad-fans of the H110i grab it and expel the extra heat quickly enough out the top of the case.

I could reverse the flow of the front ones but then the front one would be pushing out and the top ones pushing out too so they would be fighting with each other to my mind about where to get inlet air from.

At the moment the side of the case is off and its just sat on the bottom of the case facing outwards. The rad literally gets too hot to touch in the middle of a bench. Wattman and Heaven crashed to the desktop once at 1980/1100 but I then ran valley at that speed and then re-ran heaven ok the 2nd time. I think its on the edge but apart from that one its been stable. Wattman has crashed on me 2-3 times so hopefully those will get fixed PDQ and ditto I hope the driver install gets better like the furyx one did - blank screens and no video output powering down the monitor. rebooting and installing the components individually fixed it.

Associate
And out of curiosity MDPlatts how loud is it ? I'm guessing you're not ramping up the Fan too much, because for the rad to be too hot to touch that is somewhat "bad" imo, well indicating that 120mm might not really be enough to keep everything really in check, just the heat from the rad itself is going to impact the whole system.

Back
Top Bottom