• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I dont think my Corsair RM850 can manage this Vega 64 AIO as I have been getting no signal crashes while browsing the web.. seems to be 100% utilization in games though and fps seems normal.

The only time I crash is when browsing, could this be a driver issue? I've complete reinstalled 3 times.

I have the AX750 (about 3 years old so still well in warranty - I sold my AX1200 but could get it back as the guy hasnt used it yet if I needed more) but have had no issues heavily overclocked.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Permabanned
I dont think my Corsair RM850 can manage this Vega 64 AIO as I have been getting no signal crashes while browsing the web.. seems to be 100% utilization in games though and fps seems normal.

The only time I crash is when browsing, could this be a driver issue? I've complete reinstalled 3 times.

I pray you're wrong as I just spent 155 quid on a HX850 with an extra 18 quid for Saturday delivery as I was told it'd be more than enough by Overclockers phone team.
I get no signal crashes with an old TX850 but I was told that models had a full load bug that'd cause it.

I get out of signal crashes using the power save mode aswell,
Tomorrow I'll push it with the HX and if it isn't good enough I'm sending both back, The Vega card and the psu have cost me over £900 and that's well over the top so if it plays up on the new psu I'm giving up and going with the green team.

Associate
I get out of signal crashes using the power save mode aswell,
Tomorrow I'll push it with the HX and if it isn't good enough I'm sending both back, The Vega card and the psu have cost me over £900 and that's well over the top so if it plays up on the new psu I'm giving up and going with the green team.

Hm, it could be a faulty card (there will always be some faulty cards in any batch, but more so at the start of production) but could also be a software (driver) problem. Not good either way - but then this is the bleeding edge.

Associate
So shouldn't he be filling the orders that OCUK "cocked up" on from launch day when they oversold? 'cause mine's still "in process" :)

If they are paying the same price for them as they would for Sapphires it would be a nice move to sort out those of us who were shown "in stock" at checkout/payment only to see "in process" and later be told there is no stock.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I think the 1000 was referring to the 580

Yes it could be read that way but with the comment about free games it could be read either way or does the 580 get free stuff too ?

And yes they are PowerColor rather than Sapphire (do they still make all the reference cards whoever the branding???) but thats between gibbo and amd whether these will do for people wanting blowers but it would seem sensible unless he's waiting for more "low" price stuff.

M.

Soldato
Sorry to add - I'm migrating off of an RX480 - is everyone DDUing and fresh install or just swapping cards? That didn't go well previously with a 7950 to 390 migration I did a while back. Thanks.

Associate
Does anyone else fail to enable HBCC? When I apply it at the lowest setting (11792 MB) my screen turns off and I have to hard reset my PC. After booting I get a message saying that Radeon settings were reset to default due to an unexpected system failure. My system is kind of ageing so I wonder if there are HBCC min sys reqs.

Vega 64 Liquid - balanced profile with default left position BIOS switch
Win 10 Pro
i7 3770K @4.4
16 GB 1600MHz
Corsair CX750 PSU
Asus P8Z77-V

Man of Honour
OP
All arrived today. Will build over the weekend.

GVHeqi6.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.
k0HZfc3.png

Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Richeh, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, DazQ87, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Smudge, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ChosenName, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, mattyc123, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, WhistleBlower07, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Chewie, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, nashathedog, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, heartburnron, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, vanpeebles, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Morve, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Howling, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Apache14, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Dianbobo, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ubersonic, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, AMDMatt, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, TonyTurbo78, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, MDPlatts, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Vega 64.

Soldato
oooo look what has just shipped finally. I really hope I'm not going to get an issue with the rumoured different Vega chip heights.
Nice, I'm waiting on the aluminium block myself. Don't worry about the height rumour that originated from an angled picture of the noe epoxied dies and people with no understanding of parallax.

Back
Top Bottom