• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
corrupting and not rendering everything
Thats going to require a visual check and some honesty I guess until benchmark scores include screenshots in the data recorded perhaps.
But if it looks the same thats good enough, its not supposed to render everything exactly as I understand it. We're entering a new era ?
The haircut guy I think said theres a drop off in returns because the memory needs to go higher, so thats going to be the big downer to v56 at 1ghz cap

Ohh yeah my baby's here.

UlzRbO4h.jpg

lol :D

Soldato
Yep it looks like this is what is happening the OCing is buggy and doesn't apply every time, but that isn't a reason to make a "snooty" video saying "NO! your not getting that OC" like never getting those clocks and even if you are it's just not benching properly, it could also be that their modded bios exacerbates this OCing bug in some way. But the delivery of this info (that was pretty much common knowledge before this video) could have been done way better. (Im really beginning to dislike the dude lol not a reason to unsub though of course)

That being said the title isn't incorrect as I haven't seen anyone clock Vega to 2ghz lol
MDplatts on this forum had his Vega running benches at 1980 - don't know if he encountered any of the buggy behaviour or not though...

Permabanned
I just packaged up my Vega for a returns pick-up tomorrow :( I took pictures of the boxing just in case DPD mess it up on route, I'm also gonna get a picture of the hand over if I can, even if I have to sneak along the hedge and get one as he sticks in the back of the van :D

Real gutted I got a lemon, It's the most I've ever spent on a graphics card by far, and while the performance wasn't great (It was only 100% stable in power save mode so I couldn't find out how it overclocked) AMD did do all out on the casing so I'd like to get the same again once Sapphire get their products here.

Associate
So after swapping my RM850 for a RM1000x psu from OCUK ive been fine for 8 hours so far, no crashes. I hope im fine for a while because this gpu cost me 650+200 :mad:

The 1000w recommended was correct for me so far...

Last edited:
Permabanned
So after swapping my RM850 for a RM1000x psu from OCUK ive been fine for 8 hours so far no crashes. I hope im fine for a while because this gpu cost me 650+200 :mad:

The 1000w recommended was correct for me so far :p

I'm regretting having let myself be persuaded that a new 850 watt model was more than enough, I ended up getting an 850 watt Corsair HX and I get the feeling I'm gonna have to get a bigger one so that's 170 quid down the drain. I'm real pee'd off with this Vega situation, How on earth did a single gpu becomes such a power junkie. I was looking at 1080ti earlier and that recommends a 600 watt psu, I might wait and see what psu's needed for the aftermarket v64 models, If something like the Strix or preferably the Tri-x say an 850 watt psu's okay I'll go with one of them as it'll save me another 200 quid.

Soldato
I'm regretting having let myself be persuaded that a new 850 watt model was more than enough, I ended up getting an 850 watt Corsair HX and I get the feeling I'm gonna have to get a bigger one so that's 170 quid down the drain. I'm real pee'd off with this Vega situation, How on earth did a single gpu becomes such a power junkie. I was looking at 1080ti earlier and that recommends a 600 watt psu, I might wait and see what psu's needed for the aftermarket v64 models, If something like the Strix or preferably the Tri-x say an 850 watt psu's okay I'll go with one of them as it'll save me another 200 quid.
I think you'll be fine with the 850w PSU. I've had no issues at all with my XFX XTR 850 Gold PSU and I've got 1x HDD, 2x SSD, 1X PCIe NVME SSD, a Wifi PCIe card and a PCIe Sata adapter card for the extra drive. Also running a Corsair H100i GT Liquid cooler for the CPU so quite a few extras using power and I've got my AOI card overclocked to 1907/1075 and using +40% power. Can't see why any other quality 850 PSU wouldn't be up to the job...

Associate
I'm regretting having let myself be persuaded that a new 850 watt model was more than enough

It's too early to regret that PSU, it seems decent enough. It's not unusual for early production runs of any product to have a few that are marginal, and you'd better off in the long run getting a better sample than sticking with one that was likely flaky.

Soldato

Adorned TV did the Liquid Cooled Vega 64 review with a 750W PSU. It doesn't need a 1000w mate.

Associate
Not sure if I've missed anything up-thread but...

Any air-cooled Vega 64 owners noticing that this thing gets damn hot while gaming? Mine seems to go over its warning level after about and hour of playing "ARK: Survival", when set to

I also get odd yellow flashes every so often when playing ARK, but as I haven't tried any other games and I know the coding behind ARK is sub-optimal (to be kind) I'm not quite ready to blame the card yet....

Caporegime
Not sure if I've missed anything up-thread but...

Any air-cooled Vega 64 owners noticing that this thing gets damn hot while gaming? Mine seems to go over its warning level after about and hour of playing "ARK: Survival", when set to

I also get odd yellow flashes every so often when playing ARK, but as I haven't tried any other games and I know the coding behind ARK is sub-optimal (to be kind) I'm not quite ready to blame the card yet....

Did you not read any reviews before buying? These things are hot as hell!!

Associate
I'm not surprised - the reference blower cooler design relies on a fairly high fan speed to perform. Positive case fan pressure helps (and negative makes a big difference to idle temps!). You can probably use Wattman to tweak your fan speeds to get it cool enough, at the expense of noise level.

Back
Top Bottom