It's On! Floyd Mayweather - Conor McGregor **No discussions of illegal streams**

Soldato
As for looking gassed, he already explained that's how he goes before a second wind, check out the diaz fight, same thing happened there, so its not some random excuse he pulled out of his ass, much to your chagrin.

I can only recall the first fight when he did get gassed. I'll watch the second one at some point.

The facts remain though, he did get gassed in this fight and it left him open, this was the downfall. Not sure how he could defend it, he was getting hit cleanly.

Caporegime
almost as bad as the McGregor hype train

A fighter who can hype a fight, i fail to see how that's a bad thing. I suppose it could be construed as a bad thing if you're deluded enough to believe that's how they are off camera. They hyped the fight, got people talking, and reaped the benefits. No real losers in that situation.

Wow I thought fight fans would know a little about boxing as well as mma but it's clear that there is a serious lack of knowledge about boxing, specifically how Mayweather reforms. McGregor lost. It wasn't close. There are as I have said before any number of boxers that beat McGregor easily. McGregor got exactly what he wanted. A huge pay day one that the UFC couldn't give him. Mayweather got a bit extra gambling money / IRS money.

Caporegime
Dont forget Gerard doesn't care who wins. Butthurt. Jesus , he got schooled mayweather toyed with him, get over it. Same would happen the other way around if not faster.

A 40 year old out lasted a prime conditioned 20 something year old. Mc ***** neither had the power or stamina, if he'd shut his gob for 5 minutes he might have put the weight back on. 29 year old mayweather would have killed him. Quite clearly he did just enough and they protected mcgregor.

The easiest pay day a past it fighter will get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Dont forget Gerard doesn't care who wins. Butthurt. Jesus , he got schooled mayweather toyed with him, get over it. Same would happen the other way around if not faster.

A 40 year old out lasted a prime conditioned 20 something year old. Mc ***** neither had the power or stamina, if he'd shut his gob for 5 minutes he might have put the weight back on. 29 year old mayweather would have killed him. Quite clearly he did just enough and they protected mcgregor.

The easiest pay day a past it fighter will get.

Captain gibberish returns, btw pretty sure saying "*****" is frowned upon here, son, so might want to get your edit in before it gets reported. ;)

Too late :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
To be honest I'm surprised so many people even cared about this fight. Mayweather is a generally dislikable person and his fights are often boring, cagey affairs and McGregor has never had a professional boxing fight. Something like Joshua vs Klitschko was always going to be class, as I'm confident Canelo vs GGG will be.

People are far too easily taken in by hype and marketing.

Caporegime
To be honest I'm surprised so many people even cared about this fight. Mayweather is a generally dislikable person and his fights are often boring, cagey affairs and McGregor has never had a professional boxing fight. Something like Joshua vs Klitschko was always going to be class, as I'm confident Canelo vs GGG will be.

It was more a matter of it being a crossover fight which for the most part don't happen too often. Personally i would have been more interested to see 1 match being boxing, the second, mma. But that was never gonna happen.

Its a close thing to the boxer vs the wrestler, the boxer has the advantage at range but as soon as the wrestler gets his hands on him, pretty much game over, which is why there's no chance mayweather would do an mma bout.

Soldato
It was more a matter of it being a crossover fight which for the most part don't happen too often. Personally i would have been more interested to see 1 match being boxing, the second, mma. But that was never gonna happen.

Its a close thing to the boxer vs the wrestler, the boxer has the advantage at range but as soon as the wrestler gets his hands on him, pretty much game over, which is why there's no chance mayweather would do an mma bout.

I like the analogy of top NFL team vs top rugby team, say Patriots vs All Blacks. Both excellent in their own right but very different sports. Either team would get pretty comfortably beaten in a crossover.

No doubt Mayweather wouldn't even last a round in the octagon but let's be honest, Mayweather always had that fight under control. He's a notoriously slow starter so the opening couple of rounds was no surprise to a boxing fan.

Soldato

It was literally everywhere... I even heard my sister updating my mother about who won the fight! They definitely have no idea who GGG is. In fact, I'm going to ask them tomorrow just for ****s and giggles.

Soldato
I like the analogy of top NFL team vs top rugby team, say Patriots vs All Blacks. Both excellent in their own right but very different sports. Either team would get pretty comfortably beaten in a crossover.

No doubt Mayweather wouldn't even last a round in the octagon but let's be honest, Mayweather always had that fight under control. He's a notoriously slow starter so the opening couple of rounds was no surprise to a boxing fan.

Or a tennis player v a table tennis player.

Soldato
If Mayweather took the fight seriously McGregor would have been coming out of that ring on a stretcher after 30 seconds in the first round.

No doubt a prime Mayweather was capable of getting that job done in less than a round but it would be too risky. He just had some fun taken his time.

Soldato
It was literally everywhere... I even heard my sister updating my mother about who won the fight! They definitely have no idea who GGG is. In fact, I'm going to ask them tomorrow just for ****s and giggles.

Yeah it's crazy, my family were talking about it as well and I've never heard them discuss mma or boxing before. I personally don't get the interest in crossover spectacles. I respect McGregor for giving it a go, he didn't embarrass himself and he's made a fortune from it, but I didn't see it as the 'biggest fight of all time' or any of the other silly media proclamations.

Soldato
I thought McGregor did really well and was very composed. Pro boxers saying he wouldn't land a single punch yet he landed lots. I think if McGregor had the endurance he could have avoided a TKO, maybe even have won. And if he couldn't beat Mayweather, I reckon he could beat other boxers. I just watched the post fight press conference. I've no idea how those two gorgeous models standing there are able to keep a continuous smile for half an hour!

I wonder though if Mayweather’s punches were harder than anything McGregor has experienced in MMA?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom