• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Hmm, played with my new aio Vega from sapphire for a whole day yesterday and sadly it seems to be crashing after a few minutes of full load. I can run full firestrike at times or crash. Same in Witcher 3 or Destiny 2 beta. No artifacts or anything strange, then sudden black screen or dark gray with vertical darker strips and reboot few seconds later. No problems in less demanding games like WoW, unless I stress it up by for example setting 4k virtual resolution (so the GPU goes to over 95% use).

750W psu, wall usage only a bit above 500W, so way below PSU limits. Newest drivers. Fun fact, left it mining (Merito) for the night to see how that works, zero issues... Also run full firestrike stability test and no issues there either. Very confusing!

Associate
Hmm, played with my new aio Vega from sapphire for a whole day yesterday and sadly it seems to be crashing after a few minutes of full load. I can run full firestrike at times or crash. Same in Witcher 3 or Destiny 2 beta. No artifacts or anything strange, then sudden black screen or dark gray with vertical darker strips and reboot few seconds later. No problems in less demanding games like WoW, unless I stress it up by for example setting 4k virtual resolution (so the GPU goes to over 95% use).

750W psu, wall usage only a bit above 500W, so way below PSU limits. Newest drivers. Fun fact, left it mining (Merito) for the night to see how that works, zero issues... Also run full firestrike stability test and no issues there either. Very confusing!

Try my HBM "memory voltage" tweak via Wattman and see if it makes a difference.

Associate
Yeah, I've tried that (1050) in the driver itself. But not sure if that took. I'll need to spend more time with proper monitoring of voltages and stressing it up. For now I just figured out that using bios switch on the card doesn't help and adjusting power settings also didn't help unless memory also throttled to 800mhz (slower BIOS and power saving mode), as then it seemed to be stable.

I assume newest wattman for adjustments and hwinfo for monitoring?

Man of Honour
OP
QqlAGml.jpg
Apologies, I forgot to put my name in the pic because I snapped it quick for a reddit post lol
Had this actually day 1 but been away, the DK04X from Lian Li, the mouse and the mousemat are new too ;)
Sexy? Even sexier when I watercool it!

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.
k0HZfc3.png

Date 28/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Neutral, Link
Date 26/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, iihavetoes, Link
Date 25/08/2017, Make Reference Air, disi, Link
Date 25/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, djbully, Link
Date 24/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Bonjour, Link
Date 24/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Kmodo, Link
Date 23/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Dave2150, Link
Date 23/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Roughneck, Link
Date 21/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, diziet, Link
Date 19/08/2017, Make Reference Air, CapitalOne, Link
Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, NathG79, Link
Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Chrisc, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, DazQ87, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Smudge, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ChosenName, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, mattyc123, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, WhistleBlower07, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Chewie, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, nashathedog, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, heartburnron, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, vanpeebles, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Morve, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Howling, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Apache14, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Dianbobo, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ubersonic, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, AMDMatt, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, TonyTurbo78, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, MDPlatts, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Vega 64.

Associate
Anyone got rivatuner stats working with destiny 2? I've got 7.0.0 beta 26 but no joy; there is some clickbait about overlays and destiny 2 on Aug 4th but I swear I've seen videos with it working?

Associate

Sad to say, but welcome to the 'club'. :(

I have exactly the same issue as you do with my Vega 64 LC. I can play The Witcher 3 by limiting it to 60fps in the settings, but yeah, gotta be careful not to push it too hard.

It's super weird though, because if I play DOOM with VSR to 4K, all maxed out, I can play just fine and don't have any crashes (I didn't try it for thát long, but it didn't instantly crash like The Witcher 3 does).

Anyway, good luck on your RMA!

Associate
Not giving up yet, as I don't have other GPU to use at the moment (Ryzen doesn't have integrated one either). For now poked sapphire Support about it. They might have some ideas... Or not.

I wouldn't want to be forced to buy Nvidia (the only available with sensible noise at the moment) just because my Vega isn't available to be swapped fast in RMA :/ frankly, I'm thinking it's more of the drivers/bios issue then hardware but we'll see.

Associate
Not giving up yet, as I don't have other GPU to use at the moment (Ryzen doesn't have integrated one either). For now poked sapphire Support about it. They might have some ideas... Or not.

I wouldn't want to be forced to buy Nvidia (the only available with sensible noise at the moment) just because my Vega isn't available to be swapped fast in RMA :/ frankly, I'm thinking it's more of the drivers/bios issue then hardware but we'll see.
Yeah, I hope it's a bios/driver thing too, there are TONS of Vega64 LC people having this issue, it's just silly right now.

Anyway, I'll also poke the Sapphire support, the more people bringing it to their attention the better I think.

Associate
Blimey, no way. I'm not going any higher than that, I'm at 1100mv for 1700mhz and happy right there, and bump it to 1150mv for 1750mhz. I'm still not sure on things reporting correctly. especially the voltage. When I set 1100mv in Wattman, hwInfo64 shows it fluctuation way lower, like 1.050 so for some reason either the reported voltage is wrong or the delivery of voltage isn't accurate yet, its a bit all over the place the voltage reading.

Are you seeing stable clock speed, I have 1635 set in wattman and on the graphs it shows 1612 to 1623 I have 1150v in stage 6 and +20% power limit. It now always sits happily in stage 6 constantly because the temperature is under control. I didn't want to push the power too much until the drivers improve and I am happy with the performance. I also don't want to end up like it seems many of the LC owners are having.

I also have an EK block fitted max temp is 42 after 2 hours of gameplay which is very nice.

Associate
Well, according to Sapphire support liquid Vega should be working just fine on stock clocks with my PSU. Black screen etc. described usually means defective card. But that would be all lots of these out there, then. :/

For now Sapphire advices RMA with retailer and hope for the best... I'll try all the other steps first, as RMA for me pretty much means going Nvidia in this case.

Soldato
Are you seeing stable clock speed, I have 1635 set in wattman and on the graphs it shows 1612 to 1623 I have 1150v in stage 6 and +20% power limit. It now always sits happily in stage 6 constantly because the temperature is under control. I didn't want to push the power too much until the drivers improve and I am happy with the performance. I also don't want to end up like it seems many of the LC owners are having.

I also have an EK block fitted max temp is 42 after 2 hours of gameplay which is very nice.

Yes I've got 1750mhz set but in games it doesn't really get there for some reason, whereas benching seems fine. It kinda hovers around 1690 to 1710 obviously heat isn't throttling it as my max temps are also around 39c to 41c.

Associate
Happy to report on my end that I found another Vega 64 Liquid Edition (MSI) in stock from another retailer, delivery scheduled for tomorrow :)

My "black screen" Sapphire has been sent back to OC UK for full refund this morning, really gutted a got dodgy one in the first place. My usual luck I guess... :(

Back
Top Bottom