• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
So do the latest drivers break afterburner for anyone else?
How is it broken exactly, I have a 56, 17.8.2 & and latest afterburner beta. Actually come to think about it, I think I saw slider greyed out. Not at my pc ATM, just getting my head round the new 56. 800Mhz memory seemed slow but it's 1600Mhz effective.

Associate
How is it broken exactly, I have a 56, 17.8.2 & and latest afterburner beta. Actually come to think about it, I think I saw slider greyed out. Not at my pc ATM, just getting my head round the new 56. 800Mhz memory seemed slow but it's 1600Mhz effective.

Check and get back to me. There is a new afterburner beta, but it still won't set the memory. It allows you to move the slider, but it keeps resetting back to 500.

Soldato
Depends if you are on the latest drivers or not. You need 17.8.1 or 17.8.2 for Vega, these are also the latest 'optional' drivers for Hawai cards. I've always uninstalled my drivers before installing a new card and then installed the latest. I imagine that is best practice.

Asa

Asa

Associate
I've got a Vega 64 being delivered this afternoon, and I'm trying to decide whether to install Radeon Relive.
-What are the pros and cons of Radeon Relive vs the built in Windows Xbox DVR?
-Can you upload Relive videos to the Xbox app (useful if I want to troll my Xbox friends with footage of Destiny 2 running at twice their framerate)?

Thanks

Associate
I've got a Vega 64 being delivered this afternoon, and I'm trying to decide whether to install Radeon Relive.
-What are the pros and cons of Radeon Relive vs the built in Windows Xbox DVR?
-Can you upload Relive videos to the Xbox app (useful if I want to troll my Xbox friends with footage of Destiny 2 running at twice their framerate)?

Thanks

Whatever you do, STAY AWAY from built in windows/xbox dvr crap. Breaks more then it helps in many games. Also don't forget to disable all of it. Radeon relive is quite simple to use, but if you really want to stream or something just use OBS studio.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Whatever you do, STAY AWAY from built in windows/xbox dvr crap. Breaks more then it helps in many games. Also don't forget to disable all of it. Radeon relive is quite simple to use, but if you really want to stream or something just use OBS studio.
Noted, thanks. I'll have a play with ReLive.

Associate
I use Relive for recording & even on my antique it records really smoothly.
No idea when it comes to streaming though, rarely ever do.

Having said that, the recorded aidio does tend to be always very quiet.

Last edited:
Associate
I keep getting the issue where I update to latest driver version (I have a 390X) and when I will be using the PC and it will just go to a black screen. Roll back, remove the drivers, do the whole safe mode removal, install previous and it still happens.

I have to rebuild the machine and if I use the latest drivers at rebuild time, I don't get the issues :confused:

Soldato
Is it possible to set fan parameters and have them remembered between reboots? Vega56 17.8.2. Just got a picture like the old tv no signal but in colour, was in the process of taking a picture on my phone and PC rebooted, and was told wattman settings were reset. I had not adjusted clock speed or volts only fan speed.

Soldato
Is it possible to set fan parameters and have them remembered between reboots? Vega56 17.8.2. Just got a picture like the old tv no signal but in colour, was in the process of taking a picture on my phone and PC rebooted, and was told wattman settings were reset. I had not adjusted clock speed or volts only fan speed.

This is a stupid bug that people have been complaining to AMD about for the last year. You have to disable hybrid sleep/hibernation in Windows, and it should stop doing it.

Soldato
This is a stupid bug that people have been complaining to AMD about for the last year. You have to disable hybrid sleep/hibernation in Windows, and it should stop doing it.

I not disabled these. When the driver settings fail to load it means Windows has failed to load the fastboot image.

Fixing Windows Hibernation will fix AMD settings. Or you can just disable Hibernation and have a slower system start up.

Soldato

btw Hibernation has been off since I freshly installed windows 7.

When the driver settings fail to load it means Windows has failed to load the fastboot image.
I have windows 7 and fast boot is disabled in the bios. Fan settings should not be tied to a function that is an option in the bios.

More about windows 7 and quick boot:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t/58b1cf94-cc99-4baa-881a-ddb1fde32732?auth=1

Update:
I've done a little testing. Rebooted with Igfx enabled and set to primary display adapter and plugged HDMI cable from vega 56 into the HDMI port corresponding to the intergrated graphics processor (on 4690k). I verified that there was no corruption when using google search in this configuration (therefore eliminating the cable and the monitor as sources of failure), leaving the culpret as the vega 56/ drivers.

I set the display output back and tried again and got a blue screen, this is the log from "whocrashed" which analyses windows crash dump files:
Welcome to WhoCrashed (HOME EDITION) v 5.54
This program checks for drivers which have been crashing your computer. If your computer has displayed a blue (or black) screen of death, suddenly rebooted or shut down then this program might help you find the root cause of the problem and a solution.

Whenever a computer suddenly reboots without displaying any notice or blue (or black) screen of death, the first thing that is often thought about is a hardware failure. In reality, on Windows most crashes are caused by malfunctioning device drivers and kernel modules. In case of a kernel error, many computers do not show a blue or black screen unless they are configured for this. Instead these systems suddenly reboot without any notice.

This program will analyze your crash dumps with the single click of a button. It will tell you what drivers are likely to be responsible for crashing your computer. It will report a conclusion which offers suggestions on how to proceed in any situation while the analysis report will display internet links which will help you further troubleshoot any detected problems.

To obtain technical support visit www.resplendence.com/support

Click here to check if you have the latest version or if an update is available.

Just click the Analyze button for a comprehensible report ...

Home Edition Notice
This version of WhoCrashed is free for use at home only. If you would like to use this software at work or in a commercial environment you should get the professional edition of WhoCrashed which allows you to perform more thorough and detailed analysis. It also offers a range of additional features such as remote analysis on remote directories and remote computers on the network.

Please note that this version of WhoCrashed is not licensed for use by professional support engineers.

Click here for more information on the professional edition.
Click here to buy the the professional edition of WhoCrashed.

System Information (local)
Computer name: Z97-6850-XONAR
Windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: Z97X-Gaming 5, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz Intel586, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 17092816896 bytes total

Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 02/09/2017 16:21:54 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090217-21871-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x6F980)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41287, 0x30, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 01/09/2017 17:52:23 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090117-21684-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFD7FFFFFFFD0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80003100385, 0x7)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 01/09/2017 17:25:26 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090117-23197-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFA803081D010, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8000314D8B6)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Fri 01/09/2017 16:51:23 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090117-20451-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFD7FFFFFFFD0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800030B2385, 0x7)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

On Wed 30/08/2017 21:46:59 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\083017-32744-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: iastora.sys (iaStorA+0xEA01C)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x10, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8800137201C)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\iastora.sys
product: Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology driver
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology driver - x64
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: iastora.sys (Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology driver - x64, Intel Corporation).
Google query: Intel Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Conclusion
5 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

iastora.sys (Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology driver - x64, Intel Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone else confirm on the latest driver, if the HEVC encoding option keeps disappearing from the drop down in the Relive recording section?

It's always disappearing for me. I select it when I turn on PC for first time, it might be visible for 30 minutes, then it just disappears only leaving me the AVC encoding option.

Soldato
Can anyone else confirm on the latest driver, if the HEVC encoding option keeps disappearing from the drop down in the Relive recording section?

It's always disappearing for me. I select it when I turn on PC for first time, it might be visible for 30 minutes, then it just disappears only leaving me the AVC encoding option.

Same here, just checked. Will report

Back
Top Bottom