• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Yes get this all the time Shanks. HEVC encoding option simply disappears from the drop down....When AVC is only present, nothing at all will record. Multiple reinstalls and DDU attempts are not fixing the issue, I guess we are not the only ones. I have no idea what produces this bug or how I get the HEVC option back, but sometimes it just reappears again and then recording works. What I don't get is, why it refuses to record anything when AVC is selected.

Soldato
Have you tried to use the HEVC hardware encoding via OBS instead of ReLive? It should in theory do the same thing, although maybe less integrated than ReLive. It works great for me, no FPS impact with 1080p60 30 Mb/s captures.

Soldato
Have you tried to use the HEVC hardware encoding via OBS instead of ReLive? It should in theory do the same thing, although maybe less integrated than ReLive. It works great for me, no FPS impact with 1080p60 30 Mb/s captures.

Once i loose HEVC from the drivers OBS doesn't read my GPU has compatible so i also loose the option in OBS lol

Associate
GPU-Z v2.3.0 (September 5th, 2017)
  • Added support for AMD Radeon RX Vega Series
  • Fixed incorrect/missing information AMD Catalyst 17.2.2 and newer
  • Fixed GPU & memory activity monitoring on AMD Radeon RX 500 Series
  • Fixed crash on startup in rare CrossFire configurations
  • Fixed CrossFire detection for slave cards
  • Addded VRM efficiency & VDDC/VDDCI power readings for Polaris
  • Added support for AMD Radeon WX 7100, WX 3100
  • Addded support for NVIDIA Quadro M2200, GTX 1080 Mobile, GeForce MX150

Soldato
GPU-Z v2.3.0 (September 5th, 2017)
  • Added support for AMD Radeon RX Vega Series
  • Fixed incorrect/missing information AMD Catalyst 17.2.2 and newer
  • Fixed GPU & memory activity monitoring on AMD Radeon RX 500 Series
  • Fixed crash on startup in rare CrossFire configurations
  • Fixed CrossFire detection for slave cards
  • Addded VRM efficiency & VDDC/VDDCI power readings for Polaris
  • Added support for AMD Radeon WX 7100, WX 3100
  • Addded support for NVIDIA Quadro M2200, GTX 1080 Mobile, GeForce MX150

Running it now. Hot spot of 65c here

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
@AMDMatt me and @TonyTurbo78 have a bug with Relive and H.265 goes missing from the menu when it does no recording will work! I have DDU and fresh installed of drivers also. I have reported the issue have you had this happen to your system?
Yeah Tony said, strange one. All i can suggest is filing a bug report. HEVC works fine here when i have tried it, though i use AVC instead.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Whenever I apply any change to voltages or frequencies for my Vega 64 there is something like a 99% chance the PC will reboot. That can be a change as simple taking the balanced profile, going to custom, and reducing the CPU clock by 1%. I've already removed with DDU and reinstalled 17.8.2 with no effect.

For a day or 2 I could tweak it no problem, but Wattman would reset to defaults every reboot (the Windows 10 hibernation issues are seemingly undefeatable on my PC, a long-standing problem I've learned to live with) so I had to keep re-applying. Now all of a sudden I can't. I've been very gentle (trying to undervolt the core to 1125 and reducing clock speed 5-8% to keep the temperature nice, rather than pushing things upward). I get the same crashes if I try to tweak anything through Afterburner too.

On the rare occassions that I can apply a change without it crashing as I hit "apply", the card runs and games just fine.

Anyone else unable to apply changes in Wattman? Any ideas?

Associate
A thick question. What the difference between pushing the power limit up and increasing voltage. I've a Sapphire Fury Pro Tri X and have never tried OC'ing it. Is it worth trying voltage down and power up in Wattman ? Or are the gains not there on a Fury Pro.

It never seemed to like OC'ing in the past and i remember reading some threads where OC slowed it down due to throttling, even though temps seemed ok.

I'm running it on the slightly power hungry bios, i.e. the switch to the left.

Soldato
Yeah Tony said, strange one. All i can suggest is filing a bug report. HEVC works fine here when i have tried it, though i use AVC instead.

just been reading on the AMD support forums about the stuttering and freezing when playing Youtube videos, vidoes on system, Windows Store content etc, seems like a driver issue. But also few reports of this same issue regarding the recording not working in Relive with HEVC is missing. Seems to be fine after a reinstall of drivers, but then once you reboot the HEVC option disappears and when on AVC no recording works.

Associate
New Driver Released 17.9.1
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...mson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1-Release-Notes.aspx

Fixed Issues

• After resuming from sleep and playing back video content the system may become unresponsive on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
  • Radeon ReLive Toolbar and Instant Replay features may experience issues or fail to work when playing Guild Wars 2™.
  • Mouse stuttering may be observed on some Radeon RX graphics products when Radeon WattMan is open and running in the background or other third party GPU information polling apps are running in the background.
  • Radeon Software Installer may shrink or appear very small when installing on some 4K HDTVs.
  • Radeon Settings may sometimes experience a hang or crash when viewing the Display tab.
  • Moonlight Blade™ may fail to launch on some Radeon Graphics Core Next series products.
  • Titanfall™ 2 may experience a hang or crash on some Radeon GCN1.0 series graphics products.
  • Random corruption may appear in Microsoft desktop productivity applications.
Known Issues

• On a limited number of systems Radeon Software may display an erroneous "1603 Error" after installing Radeon Software. This error will not affect your Radeon Software installation.
  • Unstable Radeon WattMan profiles may not be restored to default after a system hang. A workaround is to launch Radeon WattMan after reboot and restore settings to default.
  • Overwatch™ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations.
  • GPU Scaling may fail to work on some DirectX®11 applications.
  • Secondary displays may show corruption or green screen when the display/system enters sleep or hibernate with content playing.
  • Bezel compensation in mixed mode Eyefinity cannot be applied.

Caporegime
OP
Hmm, just tried and it worked ok for me. No crash.

There doesnt seem to be HBCC option per game profile now like it was 17.8.2. You can only select it in global settings now.
Investigating that and Enhanced Sync is missing.

EDIT.

Does anyone keep seeing this notification in Radeon Settings? If so, please can you provide monitor make and model, res/refresh rate used, cable type, FreeSync yes or no, FreeSync range extended yes or no. Thanks.
FeWS9I9.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom