Are all Corsair products crap?

Soldato
Afternoon all,

I'm on my second Corsair M70 Vengeance keyboard (£100+ keyboard) as the first was RMA'd due it it suddenly dying just two years into use.
I'm also on my second Corsair M65 mouse (~£70 mouse), as the first was RMA'd due to the middle mouse button dying under two years into use.

Now the replacement one's middle mouse button has died, a grand total of 1 year, 5 months into use!

Is everything they make this liable to failure in just a couple of years? Their prices would suggest they're for longevity, but it seems this is not the case.

Any recommendations for a manufacturer that make things to last? Corsair are simply ridiculous for putting out such junk.

Hugh

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got three corsair mechanical keyboards & not had any issues with any of them.
My corsair mouse which I use at work is 4 years old & apart from showing a little wear on the buttons is as good as new.
Friend of mine had had his keyboard for around 3 or 4 years & still working fine.
Guessing you've been very unlucky

Soldato
OP
Sounds like they've been working well for you @Robzere31. I'm not even close to some kind of power user who uses these things constantly - most days a couple of hours max. Just irritating when I pay a certain price for these things and expect them to last longer than the el cheapo products that come for free with most machines (not that one of those has ever died on me!).

Associate
Sounds like they've been working well for you @Robzere31. I'm not even close to some kind of power user who uses these things constantly - most days a couple of hours max. Just irritating when I pay a certain price for these things and expect them to last longer than the el cheapo products that come for free with most machines (not that one of those has ever died on me!).

Maybe your Corsair peripherals got lonely and killed themselves because you didn't use them enough... :D

Seriously though, I've had a lot of Corsair stuff and I've had a K70 RGB for almost 4 years. No issues. A CX600 I put in a friend's build died after three years. But that's par for the course with budget power supplies when you put a heavy load on them.

I wouldn't say their products are crap, though I do hear a lot about their peripherals failing on people.

Still, Maximum PC rated the K70 as the best of all mechanical keyboards not too long ago.

Associate
all the corsair products i've owned have never failed me, that's a

2013, Vengeance 2000 headset
2012, K60 keyboard
2011, Gold AX750 psu
2011, 2x4gb ram i forgot the name of
scimitar pro mouse, only 3 weeks old but i chose it because of my experience with corsairs quality

it's all still working flawlessly

Soldato
I've not got much experience with them, sans an ax760 that melted itself and some basic ram that worked in XMP for years as you'd expect, but I haven't got much reason to rate them highly. They seem to make very average stuff, stick their logo on it and charge the world. A definitely jack of all trades company.

Soldato
I broke my Corsair K60 keyboard but otherwise no failures so far. I've got 4 PSUs of which 3 having been running 24/7 for a year but then that's the best way to run electronics as it's the heat cycling and power surge of cold booting that often kills them eventually.

I've got HP servers at work that have been running almost continually 24/7 for over 7 years. Apart from the odd HDD failure, to be expected, we only ever get failures during cold boots after server room maintenance etc.

Associate
got corsair 760t case, 650w power supply (in my second machine) rgb strafe keyboard and void wireless headset and the only problems ive had is the LED behind the power button on the case has stopped working and ive managed to rip off most of the corsair logo on the keyboard cleaning it

V F

V F

Soldato
Far from, I've always found Corsair stuff to be great quality.

For some reason I've always loved their memory. It is all I've ever used since 2003. Still also have in use their H80 from 2010.

Their keyboards look not bad though. Though their mice has never appealed to me. They look so crazily heavy for their wired versions.

Soldato
You got two years out of your keyboard lol. I got two months out of my K65 and K70. Mine was supposed to be resolved but hey never buying corsair again...

Caporegime
Weirdly prior to tonight I'd have said no, they're fine but my M65 mouse has started randomly double left clicking with a single press or giving multiple clicks when I have the button held down. On the verge of two years old. RMA started with Corsair. Might see about Amazon too as I bought it from them

Soldato
Weirdly prior to tonight I'd have said no, they're fine but my M65 mouse has started randomly double left clicking with a single press or giving multiple clicks when I have the button held down. On the verge of two years old. RMA started with Corsair. Might see about Amazon too as I bought it from them
That's not an indication of corsair being crap. It's either the switch has worn out on the mouse, or there's static built up in the switch that is triggering multiple actuations being recorded. This is a mouse issue, not a corsair one.

Associate
Had a Corsair CX600 PSU chugging along for 5 years solid and 4 sticks of Vengeance DDR3 at the same age.

I guess it's a bit of a lottery then. You may have just been stung with a bad batch in your area.

V F

V F

Soldato
That's not an indication of corsair being crap. It's either the switch has worn out on the mouse, or there's static built up in the switch that is triggering multiple actuations being recorded. This is a mouse issue, not a corsair one.

Yep. Same thing happened to one of my Logitech. Wear and tear.

Permabanned
I swear by their RAM and PSUs, so it's not a case of just because it's Corsair it's bad.

I'd say a lot of peripherals these days are poor quality, plasticky, designed to fail.
Anything from keyboards and mice, to headsets, and monitors.
I don't really think there's anything that makes Corsair particularly worse than anyone else.

If anyone's looking for a keyboard and mouse, the pair I'm using at the moment seem pretty bulletproof.
KB: Qpad MK-50
M: Logitech G302

Back
Top Bottom