• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Caporegime
You gonna build a second Vega rig or running all three in the same machine?
I already have a second system (Threadripper - see below) ready to drive 2x Vega 64's at 4K, alongside my 1800x system running a Vega 64. The TR machine currently has Pro Duo's inside it and my second Vega is living under my desk for the time being.
Uz2kEfF.jpg

The screenshot is a couple of weeks old, initially i had both Vegas in my 1800x system, but one of them died. (RIP)

Soldato
I already have a second system (Threadripper - see below) ready to drive 2x Vega 64's at 4K, alongside my 1800x system running a Vega 64.
Aha! So that means crossfire support is imminent! (and possibly that HL3 is confirmed, I'm not entirely sure). I'll get a second V64 ordered then.

Man of Honour
@Kaapstad
IMG_20170906_153310.jpg

Associate
Just as feedback the new card works flawless, both monitors came straight up with the DP2DVI cables. I tested the game I currently play (The Forest) and it was somewhat idling at 44-60% utilisation 1080p with Reshade and recoring, while max ~1000MHz GPU clock (one peak to ~1500MHz) :D

The 390X was struggling with the same load.

Associate
My Vega 64 LC arrived at my retailer today, they tested it and found it to be faulty (crash after ~20 mins in heaven).

So now the wait for a new one begins. :)

Associate
First of all, im new here so Hi :).

Second, @TonyTurbo78 Nice clocks bro, gonna aim for the same things. I assume you have the AC version ? Of is it LC ? Your temps do make me think its the LC ? Oh and IF it's the AC, what are your fan settings.

Edit:

Screenshot_20170906_191221.png

Last edited:
Soldato
First of all, im new here so Hi :).

Second, @TonyTurbo78 Nice clocks bro, gonna aim for the same things. I assume you have the AC version ? Of is it LC ? Your temps do make me think its the LC ?

Edit:

Screenshot_20170906_191221.png

Welcome

Yarp the reference mate, one of the first batch, was always my intention to put it in an existing loop so no point in getting anything but the reference air blower. Had to wait a week after purchase for all the EK goodies to arrive. Just had to redo the hard tubing again for the new dimensions, but already had all the necessaries. Rig is in sig below.

Caporegime
Well internal whatever term, since you always say don't touch HBM voltage....
Sorry, i liked the sound of private drivers. :p

Yes i sometimes use drivers that have yet to be released, but not too often as they haven't been signed yet and so i have to disable secure boot. In addition, i can't always reproduce issues if i am using different drivers than the latest publicly available.

That said, i won't talk about if bug a/b/c has been fixed because that then makes a commitment that could change once the driver is ready for reason a/b/c. You get me? :)

Man of Honour
Yay,

Gotta transplant the system its going into, got a new case so the cooler fits.

I was patient, put in a pre-order Aug 21 for the out of stock Aqua Pack for £582.49 and Gibbo delivered :)

Last edited:
Associate
That said, i won't talk about if bug a/b/c has been fixed because that then makes a commitment that could change once the driver is ready for reason a/b/c. You get me? :)

Well they better fix HBM voltage changes; if you are using a different driver then just DONT mention HBM voltage since you have done nothing but warn against it on 17.8.2....

Caporegime
Matt, seems none can answer my question here, maybe you can?

Is the Vega 64 power limited compared to the Vega 64 with the AIO? Is there any way to bypass such limitation (if exists), on a custom watercooled Vega 64?
I don't know the differences between the bios. It's possible that the AIO has high voltage and TDP limits and is better binned.

Back
Top Bottom