• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Investigating that and Enhanced Sync is missing.

I do get an "Apply HBCC settings" thing in the game profiles, though it's already applied globally.

Does anyone keep seeing this notification in Radeon Settings? If so, please can you provide monitor make and model, res/refresh rate used, cable type, FreeSync yes or no, FreeSync range extended yes or no. Thanks.

Not had that notification yet, nope. After clean install it took its time to notify me I'm using Freesync, but so far no link failure issues.

Associate
Does anyone keep seeing this notification in Radeon Settings? If so, please can you provide monitor make and model, res/refresh rate used, cable type, FreeSync yes or no, FreeSync range extended yes or no. Thanks.

Yes, seems to have started with 17.7.2 (maybe earlier I had issues with the two versions before that). Happens when monitor comes out of sleep, about 20% of the time. Windows gets confused re window positioning and size. Acer XR341, 3440x1440, 60hz (monitor native is 75hz), DisplayPort, Freesync turned off (because reasons). Haven't tried 17.9.1 yet.

Soldato
CRU is awesome. I use it to get 57-144 Hz FreeSync range and it supposedly can be used for setting up custom resolutions similar to the way nVidia's Control Panel has allowed for many years. That was the main reason I bought an nVidia GPU for my HTPC back in the day (to get closer to 23.976 Hz for films), but with CRU around it should be doable with any brand of GPU now.

Caporegime
OP
Investigating that and Enhanced Sync is missing.

EDIT.

FeWS9I9.png

For anyone experiencing this message, please try installing the Chipset 17.30 drivers first, then installing 17.9.1 to test.

Associate

I was getting that issue with a Samsung S27D850T, 2560x1440p,60Hz, with the Samsung DP cable that came with the monitor. I also bought a new DP cable but l was getting the same issue. In addition, the screen would randomly lose signal and require a restart to get anything showing again on the screen. This doesn't happen when connected via HDMI. The link failure error also doesn't pop up but again l don't think HDMI supports such a feature, or am l mistaken. The screen doesn't support Freesync. HDMI is working fine but being able to use my screen reliably with DP should be nice. I can't use 10bit colour with the HDMI cable. :(

Associate
Good evening. Is anyone on Vega still having issues with GPU accelerated video playback hanging the browser with the latest drivers? I did a clean install of 17.9.1, but am still faced with the same issue. I'm running Vega 56 at stock with original bios and don't have issues in any other areas. The 270x I came from did not exhibit these issues. I've tried Chrome, Vivaldi, etc all with clean installs and no extensions and the situation persists. This is in Windows 8.1.

Soldato
For anyone experiencing this message, please try installing the Chipset 17.30 drivers first, then installing 17.9.1 to test.
I get this on occasion too, happened yesterday morning. My monitor is the Acer XR341CK 75Hz Freesync 3440x1440 Connected with Displayport (1.3 I think). How do I install the Chipset 17.30 drivers first? Anyone care to jot down a few lines of instructions?

Soldato
Good evening. Is anyone on Vega still having issues with GPU accelerated video playback hanging the browser with the latest drivers? I did a clean install of 17.9.1, but am still faced with the same issue. I'm running Vega 56 at stock with original bios and don't have issues in any other areas. The 270x I came from did not exhibit these issues. I've tried Chrome, Vivaldi, etc all with clean installs and no extensions and the situation persists. This is in Windows 8.1.
That issue was thought to have been resolved in the new drivers, certainly in Windows 10 anyway. You can disable GPU accelerated playback in Internet Options is a workaround.

Associate
Ok, so I have a 3 monitor eyefinity configuration. If I turn off 1 monitor, and then turn it back on I get that notification.

It's not everytime though, just sometimes.

I also do see the notification sometimes just after windows login. So loading into windows only 1 monitor is active. But when it gets to the login screen the other 2 monitors turn on. It happens then. Again, it's sometimes, not everytime.

Associate
That issue was thought to have been resolved in the new drivers, certainly in Windows 10 anyway. You can disable GPU accelerated playback in Internet Options is a workaround.
That is what I've had to do. I did wonder if it's down to the fact I'm using 7 drivers in 8.1 or if it the issue hasn't actually been properly fixed.

Back
Top Bottom