Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Associate
HAHAHA!!

The main problem with face ID is that it's going to have to flash your face when in the dark to unlock your phone...just no...
Not true, thats not a problem at all because it doesn't do that.

It doesnt need to flash your face because it uses infrared.

Associate
Going to be ordering when available an X 256gb in Space Grey (From Apple). For sure it's a ludicrous amount of money and the Apple haters will say I'm daft! At least I can offset the cost by selling my 6S plus 128gb to reduce the cost. First course of action will be a decent case and a screen protector.

Associate
Whats with the weird storage sizes on the new phones. 64gb is too small IMO and 256 is just wayy too much and will cost more for something you don't need.

128 was perfect.
This is my thoughts.

256GB is overkill, 128GB would be the sweet spot and should have been the base storage to help justify that price.

I really thought Apple would go with 128GB and 256GB for the X.

Man of Honour
OP
This is my thoughts.

256GB is overkill, 128GB would be the sweet spot and should have been the base storage to help justify that price.

Agreed. 64GB is tight when you consider the price.

I mean when you compare it to others on paper...

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/12/iphone-x-vs-the-competition/

It doesn't seem to be as good...

Often the case really, but the iPhone always works very well as a collective of high end hardware and software, if not bleeding edge.

Soldato
How do they arrive at the £1149 price tag ?
Even adding 20% vat to the US price it still only comes to £1037.

Do the US not get the relevant tax added at checkout, dependant on their state? As each state has different tax % brackets in the US. Compared to us in the UK who just have a flat 20% VAT for the whole country...

Associate
It isn't, it uses IR.

Oops I got the impression from the presentation the models were using the phones display to assist in face ID.

HOWEVER we will have to wait for the reviews to see how it performs in real world conditions (the first demo doesn't give one huge confidence)

I have a feeling it is probably not going to gel as well as Touch ID for most people and will be a turnoff for many once they get them in their hands and start using it as their daily drivers.

We will see...

Soldato
Whats with the weird storage sizes on the new phones. 64gb is too small IMO and 256 is just wayy too much and will cost more for something you don't need.

128 was perfect.

They know 128gb is perfect, that's why it's missing from the line up. It keeps the headline price low and the actual price high.

These prices are shocking but I guess it's their only way of getting people to buy an iPhone as a fashion accessory because standard iPhones are so common nowadays.

Do not want..

Caporegime
Price was expected, the £1000 phone has been touted for a few years now.

The OLED screen is nice but not really needed on a phone imo, the S8 screen likely still looks better due to PPI.

Not bothered about facial recognition but the animated emojis would be fun for a bit.

Soldato
Oops I got the impression from the presentation the models were using the phones display to assist in face ID.

HOWEVER we will have to wait for the reviews to see how it performs in real world conditions (the first demo doesn't give one huge confidence)

I have a feeling it is probably not going to gel as well as Touch ID for most people and will be a turnoff for many once they get them in their hands and start using it as their daily drivers.

We will see...

Seems to work ok (1 min 30 in)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Think it'll be the next gen for me. This is too pricey and my 7 Plus is probably fine for another year or so.

Your 7+ should be fine for another 2-3 years. I'm still running a 6+ which works fine and the 6 was basically a 5S with a better screen. Its well acknowledged that the 6 has a poor shelf life for its age.

Back
Top Bottom