• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
And a bug from my side, 2 actually:

1. Relive crashes whole pc (screen freeze) after a moment if I have desktop recording turned on. HDD still working fine, sound stops, screen frozen. Mouse cursor still moving, but need to reboot to have it work again. Was fine in previous drivers. Didn't test too much with all options to narrow it down further, yet. HEVC codec.

2. I'm running Merito (mining for gamers pretty much) when I don't use my pc. Starting it up locks all clocks in 3D mode with GPU reporting 100% usage, so stopping or quitting Merito don't help. GPU monitoring shows no tasks using GPU at that point, power usage is way lower than with real usage too. Must be a bug in drivers since the same software works fine on other GPUs.

Turning relive recording on and off for a second fixes the problem, clocks drop down to idle state. Might be connected with relive then. Logging off and on also fixes clocks.

Caporegime
OP
@AMDMatt Found a bug with Relive and VEGA
If I record for a little bit performance will start to degrade, and I notice my GPU even after quitting a game is running 100% and full 3D clocks. Switching off Relive fixes this.
Have you had reports of this happening?

Just recorded it happening
https://youtu.be/mt8oN4XX0Tg?t=109
Yes we have a open ticket on that bug.

Soldato
I'm getting mouse cursor corrupt again with the latest drivers :( Had this with my 290 a few months back now with my Vega 64. It had stopped for a few driver releases ago.

Anyone else getting this?

Soldato
Yes i have had this on my 290 and with the vega 56 but a restart seems to fix it

Restart does fix it but not helpful when I'm halfway through something and I have to reboot my computer. More of a pain when I am doing timed test exam and I cant see where I am clicking.

Going have to roll back because I cant afford for this to keep on randomly happening.

Soldato
Restart does fix it but not helpful when I'm halfway through something and I have to reboot my computer. More of a pain when I am doing timed test exam and I cant see where I am clicking.

Going have to roll back because I cant afford for this to keep on randomly happening.
Go to your mouse properties, 'pointer options' tab, select 'display pointer trails' then whack the slider down to the bottom for minimal disruption. fixes the corruption.

Associate
Anyone play ARK and get massive issues with shadows on default High settings?
No matter which of the Vega supporting drivers I try I get really bad flickering with the shadows and there doesn't seem to be a way to disable them in game (low is the lowest, no off).

Associate
Anyone play ARK and get massive issues with shadows on default High settings?
No matter which of the Vega supporting drivers I try I get really bad flickering with the shadows and there doesn't seem to be a way to disable them in game (low is the lowest, no off).
Try entering below command in console or uncheck distance field shadowing in game options.
r.DistanceFieldShadowing=0

Soldato
So far all good with the latest release minus Enhanced Sync now being completely gone, Plus a few things I'd like to see in ReLive recording.

1. The ability to customise the information that is shown in the overlay i.e customise the system info and give the option to leave it up all the way through recording instead of just fading out.
2. Do not show the recording timer on recordings.

Last edited:
Associate
Bought Osiris: New Dawn today & having problems, fairly sure it's driver related.
I can be playing anything up to maybe five minutes & the game will alt tab me out (or minimise the game, not sure which) & I can't alt tab back in.
Tried a clean driver install, no joy. Turned everything off that I could, same result.
Anyone had this with this or any other game & found a fix?

Typical sods law. Saw someone recently posting a similar problem in different game, said I'd never had this happen & to try a reinstall of drivers. Now I get it lol :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom