• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
I've just realised I bought my PSU in 2008.. Didn't realise it was that old!! Guess it's time for a new one. I'll get it ordered today, and hopefully it'll sort the problem.

They sit in your case for years and its so easy to forget about them. My Hyper power lasted about 11 years before throwing its dummy out. :D

Soldato
They sit in your case for years and its so easy to forget about them. My Hyper power lasted about 11 years before throwing its dummy out. :D
What wattage was that to last so long, I read they do decay in capacity. Were you overclocking or stock mostly over that time

Stop it you're making me want to buy one but I refuse to pay £800 for a Vega 64 AIO.
AIB FTW then. AMD missed a chance here to have the 16GB slightly faster and these prices would funnel people into buying that

Last edited:
Associate
What wattage was that to last so long, I read they do decay in capacity. Were you overclocking or stock mostly over that time

It was 880w job which had a intel 3570k which was overclocked to 4.6Ghz. Over the years it had two GTX 8800 in it. Two GTX 460 and then two GTX 680 when I started looking at vega, it got very grumpy :D. I think I had on average three hard drives in it.

Associate
V64 bios, under volt to sub 1100, overclock to at least 1650mhz core and 1000 upwards on the ram - thats a long way towards Liquid v64, might even be faster in some cases.
Put an AIO on, you might see 1700+ on the core, 1100 ram and your flying.
By the core clock do you mean the true boost in games or just in watt man when you set the overclock. As on my card it usually is around 60 mhz below what I set it in watt man

Soldato
I prefer the Superflower OEM EVGA ones over Super Flower's own units, the EVGA specced ones seem more durable. The SF ones are designed to look fancy whereas the EVGA ones are designed to just work.

Agree with looks and disagree about durable :) OK never used EVGA so can't truly compare but I can give feedback on Superflower.

My Unit hardly even turns the fan on even with a Vega 64 connected. So it remains silent, it just works ;)

Soldato
Agree with looks and disagree about durable
It's the same PSU with different housing/cables/connectors. The connectors being the problem because instead of the standard 8pin ones EVGA requested for the VGA cables SF went with fancier looking 9pin ones that have smaller gauge pins and wires, as a result of this there's been multiple instances of the connectors on the PSU burning out because they can't handle the amperage that two 8pin connections can draw under high load.

Soldato
It's the same PSU with different housing/cables/connectors. The connectors being the problem because instead of the standard 8pin ones EVGA requested for the VGA cables SF went with fancier looking 9pin ones that have smaller gauge pins and wires, as a result of this there's been multiple instances of the connectors on the PSU burning out because they can't handle the amperage that two 8pin connections can draw under high load.

My superflower leadex only has 8pin? 6+2
Connectors
- 1 x 20+4-Pin ATX12V/EPS12V
- 1 x 8-Pin EPS12V
- 1 x 4+4-Pin ATX12V/EPS12V
- 6 x 6+2-Pin-PCIe
- 10 x SATA
- 5 x 4-Pin-Molex
- 1 x Floppy
- Warranty: 5yr

Back
Top Bottom