***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Tesco are running 20% off all Technic sets.

Makes the out rigger 6x6 set number 42070 a lot cheaper - as that wasn't a very good value set to start with. Now at £175 its almost reasonable.

Soldato
Smyths toy store have some cracking deals on Techinc and Star Wars sets.

42070 6 x 6 at £149, even the UCS star wars sets have been reduced in price. Worth a look.

Associate
Had a Lepin Koenigsegg delivered today, parts quality looks very good. Should give me something to do over the xmas break.

Very interested to know what the Lepin parts quality and fit is like.

I needed some Lego large racing wheels, but for around £50-£60 secondhand versus a Decool 8674 copy for $37 (or a Lego 8674 for £400), I went with Decool.... I feel slightly dirty, but will let you know what it's like.

Associate
Looks like someone has stolen my Falcon UCS in transit. Got a dispatch notice from Lego on the 8th, but the Yodel tracking still says the parcel has not been handed to them. Lego refuse to do anything until 7 working days have passed, which will be tomorrow.

It must be fairly obvious to the delivery guys what it is being a mahoosive Lego branded box. I wonder how many have gone missing in transit. Also wonder what this does to the estimated delivery of my replacement!

Caporegime
Very interested to know what the Lepin parts quality and fit is like.

I needed some Lego large racing wheels, but for around £50-£60 secondhand versus a Decool 8674 copy for $37 (or a Lego 8674 for £400), I went with Decool.... I feel slightly dirty, but will let you know what it's like.

Me too. Want that imperial shuttle

Soldato
I've a few Lepin models and all have been fine going together. Few issues with missing or deformed bits but nothing that couldn't be replaced quickly.

Mate has the Decool white Porsche and it went together fine.

Wouldn't mind the Koenigsegg and Aventador.

Soldato
Lepin wise I've done their technic white 911 and a couple of modular buildings and I've noticed the newer the model the better the quality (especially with the instructions also). No missing parts with any sets, minifigs not as good with the modular sets and for the technic sets the gears sizings are very good but not as tight as the tolerance found with real lego (not that it effects the build or final look though).

TBH if Lego had released some half decent technic sets this year I would have opted for the real thing but these models are far more interesting regardless of the price difference.

Associate
How much is the 911 over at Tesco? Google says 159.19 but when you click the link it says 199.99 :( It's currently 170 over at Toys R Us at the minute.

Just seen on HUKD toys r us have 20% off all toys today. That makes the 911 £135.99. Better get there quick!

You'e also getting a free 4 pack of mini figs and a free lego Christmas tree

In store only. Click and collect is available

Associate
It' unclear if the free minifigs and tree is an online only thing on can be redeemed in store aswell it says to add the items to your basket first then checkout so add the tree minifigs and 911 to your basket then checkout for click and collect

Associate
It' unclear if the free minifigs and tree is an online only thing on can be redeemed in store aswell it says to add the items to your basket first then checkout so add the tree minifigs and 911 to your basket then checkout for click and collect

Can confirm this works in their site. Add all 3 items to your basket and it puts the minifigs and tree down to £0. You can then checkout for click and collect. Download the 20% off voucher and take it with you to the till.

This applies to all lego purhases over £55

Back
Top Bottom