Road Cycling

Soldato
They look bang on I have to say, even the lense etching is there.

I think I'd just worry a little about what would happen to the lense if you got unlucky with a stone from a car or whatever.

I think my oldest set are about 3 years old and still going strong! Lost one pair on top of the Galibier whilst doing 40+mph and left them behind because I'd got a years use out of them for £15.

I'll be riding out side a lot more this winter, just grabbed an Exposure Race Mk12 for £150 using cashback payouts + top ups + cashback.

Soldato
Pretty sure the the Cube wil just be an IS42 top bearing and IS52 bottom bearings.

I used a headset cup remover to tap the lip of one yesterday, the bonded in insert to the carbon also came with it in that example! Reallllllly old bike.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/park-tool-universal-head-cup-remover-1/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=5360105214&kpid=5360105214&utm_source=google&utm_term&utm_campaign=UK_PLA_Accessories&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mckv|sUgemca2F_dc|mcrid|67090793462|mkw||mmt||mrd|5360105214uk|mslid||&mkwid=sUgemca2F_dc&pcrid=67090793462&prd=5360105214uk&pgrid=17507340062&ptaid=aud-131695477502:pla-130216225742

I've also managed to get a flat head screwdriver on the lip as per that thread but whilst pushing pressure sideways, tapping it from above with an old seatpost or tube with a big hammer.

Soaked it in some 'special' WD40 (Fast penetrant thing) last night and this morning I put a long spanner handle on top of the bearing and gave it a few light taps with the hammer and it's popped out! :)

Now I wish I had some calipers (any recommendations?) and I'd properly measure the tube size. I have ordered an FSA Orbit No 42 hoping that it is IS42 and IS52. However since I noticed on the writing I can see on the top bearing there is a 36. 36 degrees? Not sure that's correct as that eBay photo doesn't show a 36.. it could be the wrong photo though.

This is my frame: https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/cube-agree-gtc-race-frame-carbon-n-white-n-red-637778
They say there it is an IS40 and IS52 :confused:

Hopefully this new headset turns up quick enough and I can compare it for size. Otherwise I might have to see if anywhere local has the correct headset in stock.

Soldato
Love mine, although after riding in heavy rain a couple of times the rubber bits on the arms peeled off... I found someone selling some genuine Oakley arms and they fitted a treat. The lenses with mine are interchangeable with my genuine Jawbreakers.

Thinking about a deep plunge into the world of two-way smart trainers, just holding off to see if tomorrow brings any new deals to the consideration table.

I've gone from thinking about a Tacx 2240 plus trainer tyre and bolt thru axle, to an Elite Direto. :eek:
Both good choices, although I'd normally recommend the Vortex the recent price hikes means I think they're a little over priced. A Vortex on a 'deal' is now just around the price I paid for mine 12 months ago (£300). They should've had a price drop but I think Tacx retained their € RRP and the exchange rate increased the UK RRP to £399.

This may be the nicest winter hack I've seen...

2dt6owl.jpg
Beautiful! Shame it's a BMC though & WTF @ Green decals, they need to be a colour which contrasts with the Reddypeach better. Pro looking slammed stem. The DT ERC 1400 Dicut look supreme! *drool*

I've never fully understood the differences between DT's ERC & PRC, or Dicut & Spline! :o

I'll be riding out side a lot more this winter, just grabbed an Exposure Race Mk12 for £150 using cashback payouts + top ups + cashback.
Really like mine, 5 hour burntime at ~1400 lumen for £150 is pretty unbeatable. Such a shame the Strada is so much more money for a more road orientated light.

With the Race you'll want to change it from ReFLEX if using it when out on the road, I found with it enabled it would almost constantly be on 1900+ lumen dazzling drivers when going quickly, yet when I needed it (moving slowly) it'd be much lower. Mode 4 on mine is perfect (No ReFLEX) - I almost exclusively ride with it on Medium (1000 lumen?) only using High when it's foggy/raining/poor visibility.

Last edited:
Soldato
They look bang on I have to say, even the lense etching is there.

I think I'd just worry a little about what would happen to the lense if you got unlucky with a stone from a car or whatever.

Their integrity is quite good. I had just that a small crack from a stone and the lens lasted ages still. Had plenty of spares to swap them out with too and as Roady says, legit lenses should fit in most instances.

Soldato
Their integrity is quite good. I had just that a small crack from a stone and the lens lasted ages still. Had plenty of spares to swap them out with too and as Roady says, legit lenses should fit in most instances.

One of my primary reasons for actually getting the Foakley Jaws was for a clear lens as my genuine CVNDSH didn't come with anything other than the prism. Genuine £105 came with 1 lens, dodgy £15 came with 4 lens luls :cool:

Limited number of £2 annual Eurosport Player subscriptions...

https://t.co/QYLZbhRwHr
Redeemed but had to use a new email address rather than my current so figure it's for new subscribers only... Just got to remember to cancel the other one! Which was a BC cheap yearly deal too... ;)

Associate
Redeemed but had to use a new email address rather than my current so figure it's for new subscribers only... Just got to remember to cancel the other one! Which was a BC cheap yearly deal too... ;)

Did exactly the same myself!!

Question for y’all...

Does anyone use time xpresso pedals and if so what are your experiences with them? Looking at them and would be moving from shimano 6800s.

Soldato
Soldato
Damn thing, I thought I could use the subscription to watch it on my fire stick but Amazon have removed the app and now have a channel which you can’t login to but have to purchase access via your Amazon account. The crooks are charging £4.99 a month as well.

Back
Top Bottom