Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Where's the best place to sell one of these? Going to shift mine on and WBAC offer a whole £600! 04 plate, 128k.
Don't accept that it's ridiculous! Is there anything wrong with it? If you put it on Pistonheads for £1300 I bet you will sell it within a few days forum members are always looking for a cheap interesting barge on there.
That's the trouble with the 220 trying to trade it in they only go off book price which is a tiny amount whereas if they look online they would see that the price of them has actually inflated over the last 3-4 years due to there hardly being any. Some traders are charging 4K+ for low mileage examples.

Soldato
I'm not going to accept it! Haha. That's why I'm looking for alternatives.
Good it's too good a car to be taking stupid offers like that on. When I sold my first 220 a few years back I sold it for 1.2k more private than what I was offered part ex. Pistonheads or EBay motors I have sold all my cars on

Soldato
might as well try in here as well. My ST220 has developed a cold start issue.
when left to stand for a period of time (the longer its stood the worse the problem) it needs a lot of cranking to start it.
once started it runs ok, and will start ok as well.

have replaced crank sensor, fuel tank purge valve (was getting error code), plugs. According to ForSCAN the engine temp sensor is reading ok.
MAF sensor has been cleaned.

it runs perfectly at all other times apart form the above issue, I'm starting to think its the fuel pump apart from the fact that it behaves perfectly once it has been started.
Also I tried truning the ignition on and off 10 times in a row and letting the fuel pump prime up each time, with no difference.

Soldato
W
Dunno, ill try this tonight on way home.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't make any difference. But if it did what would this indicate ?
Not sure if it's still the case in cars but I've had older ones where there was a check valve that stopped the fuel draining back into the tank and held the pressure. Used to have to turn the ignition on and wait for the fuel lines to fill again before it would start.

Soldato
W

Not sure if it's still the case in cars but I've had older ones where there was a check valve that stopped the fuel draining back into the tank and held the pressure. Used to have to turn the ignition on and wait for the fuel lines to fill again before it would start.
didnt make any difference anyway :)

Associate
someone pinched 3 roof rack covers off my car, I mean, really?.

I just ebayed replacements, 4 for £3.

eugh.

probably wanted my jacking point covers but they are long gone from the last butt head!.

Soldato
someone pinched 3 roof rack covers off my car, I mean, really?.

I just ebayed replacements, 4 for £3.

eugh.

probably wanted my jacking point covers but they are long gone from the last butt head!.

Yeah... Either birds steal them or they're popular with some other species... I've had various covers from my ST220 disappear :(

Soldato
That's a bargain @ 1k. Can't believe some of the forum comments on there that it's not even worth that! If they actually looked at the prices they would see most good condition 2003 models with reasonable mileage still sell at between 2.5k-3k

You are joking aren't you? It's a battered pre-facelift, it looks tired on the outside & looks like a boggo spec one on the inside.

That thing is parts fodder in my opinion in that state.

Associate
Hmmm my radio is playing up (double din sat nav) says rds and won't connect to the radio, after a while it will switch to TP and work again no bother. Now if that wasn't annoying enough it's now started turning the volume up on it's own :/.... electronics are out of my knowledge range, anyone got any ideas where to start?

Soldato
Hmmm my radio is playing up (double din sat nav) says rds and won't connect to the radio, after a while it will switch to TP and work again no bother. Now if that wasn't annoying enough it's now started turning the volume up on it's own :/.... electronics are out of my knowledge range, anyone got any ideas where to start?

Ebay, new Stereo.

Or is this a Denso unit?

Soldato
OP
Try a full power-cycle by unplugging it or disconnecting the fuse for a while. As 'zod said, unless it's a nav unit just get another off eBay if that doesn't work, they don't cost much.

Soldato
It's a denso nav unit :/

There is a guy on the TalkFord forums called Alex who knows the Denso unit inside out, he has gone as far as having reversing cameras hooked up to them and all sorts, I took mine to him last year & he altered the voltage on the laser in the DVD unit to get it working but said it was living on borrowed time as it was screwed, he told me where to get a replacement & showed me how to fit it.

He also kindly updated my firmware free of charge, although I slipped him a few tenners for his time.

He was spot on with his diagnosis.

Back
Top Bottom