Who else is staying in tonight?

Soldato
Didn't do anything for Xmas or New Year this year. Everyone has young kids so subdued and closest friends live 2 miles away.

Stayed in, had toffee vodka and apple juice and watched Kingsman and Graham Norton whilst going through 9 pages of anatomy notes for an exam in January. Rock n roll.

Associate
The best NYE in my opinion is getting together with friends and family in a house for games and food. Then having somewhere to sleep in the same house so there's no travelling late. Fry up and home the next day :)

Soldato
I have been out NYE in the last few years, but this time round I stayed in. I was going to see EP8 at the Cinema, but I went to see it last weekend instead. There is nothing else I wanted to watch there right now (Next visit will be probably infinity war) & I've got the sniffles so I put the the Grand tour on.

Caporegime
We had a couple of nights stay at a friend's house with few others and played some big long coop boardgames like gloom haven Got food in etc.

Was awesome few days.

Associate
I stayed in and just had drinks with the family, was a lot nicer than previous years being out when its so busy and everyone is trying to force it to be a good night, even though its usually just average

Associate
Happy New Year all.

I played some Payday 2 with a friend even though I was knackered and the family were all in bed.

They were all awake by midnight when the usual racket started. Fireworks and cheering I understand but why on earth do so many people bang pots and pans like a protest/riot has broken out?

Man of Honour
What a miserable bunch -

Friday I took my daughters to the pantomime and then we went to the pub until about 1am.
Saturday I dressed like an Elf and got carried into a taxi at 3am.
Last night I went to a Great Gasby/Peaky Blinders party being the only one dressed as the Great Gasby but all the women looked hot and I left there at 4 am in a state.
Old people for the win.

Soldato
Didn't have plans as I was supposed to be working until 11pm, but I got told to go at 10 as long as there were no incidents ongoing.

Ended up seeing in the new year while playing Ghost Recon with a mate.

Soldato
How sad watching the New Year’s Eve celebrations last night when the fireworks display was on and then Auld Lang Syne was playing instead of everyone joining in and enjoying the moment 90% of people were standing there with there heads down staring at there phones like zombies. Why even bother ******* going. There was just no social interaction at all

Soldato
Was planning to go to a party but ain’t feeling that great and it’s cold out so have decided to sit in with some beer and a takeaway and watch Jools Holland’s hootenanny.

Going out New Years really doesn't appeal to me any more. Too cold, too many idiots out there and too expensive. Also means I avoid the deadly hangover which is always welcome, especially as I am having a big roast dinner at 2pm tomorrow.

Yeah this is the 2nd year in a row that we have stayed in. Few drinks and an evening with music/hootenanny in the background while we build Lego. Then London fireworks at midnight then more Lego.

Was gone 3am when we went to bed. No hassles with transport or expensive rooms. No hangover. Nice lie in and a late breakfast to see in 2018.

It's not everyone's cup of tea but we enjoy it. We just got tired of the hassle and hangovers of party based new years eve.

Back
Top Bottom