Looking for a cheap (under £50) Mechanical keyboard, any suggestions please?

Soldato
Ideally I would like a under £50 mech keyboard, full size with individual rgb key lighting and media keys tall ask I know.
I found this - HAVIT HV-KB378L RGB is that good?
what about this - Havit X1 Magic Eagle Gaming Keyboard.

Failing this just a mech keyboard full size, any one selling second hand or suggest a new one .

Greatly appreciated for any help.

Soldato
If you want a mech keyboard, get one with proper mech keys. Those are cheap knock-offs.

You do get what you pay for as with most things. That Mionix is pretty untouchable for the price.

Soldato
OP
If you want a mech keyboard, get one with proper mech keys. Those are cheap knock-offs.

You do get what you pay for as with most things. That Mionix is pretty untouchable for the price.
I've been reading a lot that some of the blue switch copies are pretty much identical to the branded ones now, if not , better, and to only go for cherry switches as they are "popular" is like only buying nescafe coffee because it's advertised more aggressively.

Soldato
I bought myself an incredibly cheap chinese "mech" keyboard for a quarter of the cost of my last one and its just as good, considering the last 2 mech keyboards i have had have failed just after the 2yr warranty expired (what a suprise)and both cost me over £120 my feeling is that i can get one of these every 8 months and still save myself money...oh and my KB is 10key less RGB gubbins for £35.

Associate
Im currently using a "AFX MK0217" keyboard, it uses Kaihua red switches, slightly firmer than cherry reds

it doesnt have dedicated media keys, instead it uses the Fn button
Also doesnt have per-key backlighting but it is backlit with various colours, dont think you will find that below £50 atleast not for a decent quality one

also should mention this keyboard has a metal faceplate rather than the usual plastic, makes it heavier but also stop any flex and feels much better

Edit - Just noticed the last post was over 3 weeks ago.. so im assuming you bought one by now?

Soldato
OP
Im currently using a "AFX MK0217" keyboard, it uses Kaihua red switches, slightly firmer than cherry reds

Also doesnt have per-key backlighting but it is backlit with various colours, dont think you will find that below £50 atleast not for a decent quality one

also should mention this keyboard has a metal faceplate rather than the usual plastic, makes it heavier but also stop any flex and feels much better

Edit - Just noticed the last post was over 3 weeks ago.. so im assuming you bought one by now?
Thank you for your information, my wife ended up buying me a magic eagle X1 bless her, it feels exactly like a mech keyboard but its a membrane one.
But, it's actually really really good !
I would have prefered a real mech one and will look at what you suggested and the post above but the difference this one makes is unbelievable in games and speed of typing.

Soldato
OP

This keyboard is the one i was going to get before the wife intervened, HAVIT HV-KB378L RGB its full mech and key lit rgb, i can find it for £60 probably less with a bit more searching, if anyone is interested in a cheap mech keyboard that touch typists and gamers rate as very good, here it is.

Associate
ah maybe i misunderstood the per-key lit thing, the one i mentioned does have an LED on each key... i thought you meant where you could change the colour of each key separately

anyway both the HAVIT and the AFX seem to have very similar features, so would just be down to which design you like most

Soldato
OP
ah maybe i misunderstood the per-key lit thing, the one i mentioned does have an LED on each key... i thought you meant where you could change the colour of each key separately

anyway both the HAVIT and the AFX seem to have very similar features, so would just be down to which design you like most
The havit has individual key assignment for colour and shine through rgb, but yours also looks awesome... hmmm

Associate
The havit has individual key assignment for colour and shine through rgb, but yours also looks awesome... hmmm

ah yes i just watched a quick review type video and it showed the individual key colours.. mine doesnt do that, it has different effects to choose from and various colours but thats it
although i cant say thats ever bothered me as i have it all one colour anyway

just remember though, the AFX is red switches and the HAVIT is blue so you will need to research the differences and see which you would prefer

Back
Top Bottom