Gran Turismo "Sport"

Soldato
Well least they are patching in good stuff for free and not trying to charge for a season pass.

Have to admit, they are trying to make the game as complete as they can, shame it was released half finished in terms of content, Monza is wicked, now we new spa and a few others and all set.

Soldato
Only picked this up along with a Pro to replace my standard PS4 a few days ago, been away for work so only had a chance to play one track last night.

Looks gorgeous, love the photo mode.

Man I suck though, I went for all assists off but even on the simple loop with a slow car I couldn't keep it together.

I'm just waiting for the patch to finish downloading, another few hours... Stupid slow broadband.

How have you guys found the motion controls?

Soldato
Only picked this up along with a Pro to replace my standard PS4 a few days ago, been away for work so only had a chance to play one track last night.

Looks gorgeous, love the photo mode.

Man I suck though, I went for all assists off but even on the simple loop with a slow car I couldn't keep it together.

I'm just waiting for the patch to finish downloading, another few hours... Stupid slow broadband.

How have you guys found the motion controls?

I think it's going to be tricky playing this with all the assists off on the DS4 due to lack of feedback on the throttle/brake - something Forza I think does brilliantly through the triggers - so I'd recommend having ABS/TCS on a bit, especially to start with!

Soldato
I bought this last night and really wish i'd read up more on the VR aspect.

I was aware it was limited, but I had no idea how limited, nor how truly poor the VR implementation is.

I finished a race and started to look round the cockpit, then when the screen changed to the results it reset the view as though I'd pressed the reset view button so my screen ended up where the passenger door would be. Terrible experience.

Soldato
I think it's going to be tricky playing this with all the assists off on the DS4 due to lack of feedback on the throttle/brake - something Forza I think does brilliantly through the triggers - so I'd recommend having ABS/TCS on a bit, especially to start with!

Yeah I think I'll have to put a few things on, I did hear the motion controls using the DS4 are supposed to be pretty good once you adjust the settings and with a bit of practice... You tried them?

Associate
Just experienced the worse online race on GT so far. It was the 18.10 race around interlargos and I admit I’m not very good on, but I got hit at least 10 times in the first 4 laps and only had a quiet last few laps after ending so far behind everyone else.

The driver rating system needs some work as I was racing supposedly S drivers.

Soldato
I'm giving up with this now, I'm only playing single player and have been working my way through, completed most of it.

Things I hate though.

1. Every damn race is a rolling start, meaning the field is really spread out, there's no close racing. Generally there will be 1 car that's really fast, it will likely start at or near the front and will finish miles ahead of the rest of the field. So now you need a fast car to catch him, so you just fly past everyone else.

2. The catch up. The leader may be caught easily, but then after you pass him, he will suddenly have loads of extra pace. I just did a race where I was in an Enzo and a 458 Italia beat me after I passed him. I modified the Enzo, same result, he was even faster. I modified more and it happened again.

Total waste of time. I have completed pretty much every other GT game since the original, but forget this junk.

Soldato
I'm giving up with this now, I'm only playing single player and have been working my way through, completed most of it.

That’s where you are going wrong tbh, this was designed to pretty much be a online game.
They have been adding single player content to keep the masses happy, but it’s tacked on and I agree with your comments having played through some of it.

It’s not where this game shines though.

Associate
I'm not much interested in MP apart from a few games here and there. The career mode in the older Gran Turismo games was my favourite. Starting with a crappy little VW Beetle and working my way up. Can't believe they've left that mode out.

Soldato
Hopefully GT 7 will be more offline biased .

While this is fun, I'm not interested in the online aspect at all, so find the career mode here a little limited

Soldato
I got bored of the career mode on GT after GT4 really. Its the same old buy car max out the upgrades and get easy win, Nothing really stood out for me.

Just ended up with loads of pointless over powered cars.

Associate
Except I can't because my PC hasn't got DX12 hardware.

I feel your pain bruv.

Maybe Forza is better, but I'm not buying an Xbox just to play one game.

It's definitely better. You can buy an Xbox for lots of reasons... better online experience, Gamepass having all new exclusives going forward, great free games monthly with xbox live gold... etc.

Soldato
Forza isn't better, just different. The AI is simply retarded and the game's definitely more arcade-y.

GT has better online and is sleeker/more focused and more realistic, without the shaky camera and engines sounding like they're in the passenger seat.

Forza has more cars and tracks and a proper weather system.

I have both games, very different experiences.

EDIT: And no, there's hardly any reason to buy an Xbox if you have a good PC and a PS4. That is simply the best combo. Not even debatable, especially with Microsoft's lacklustre exclusive lineup.

Back
Top Bottom