Can you check this hardware?

Associate
Hi, I'm thinking of getting back in to PC gaming and don't plan or running anything ridiculous but can you check this hardware and tell me if you see any thing that might cause issues?

• CaseInWIN 101 MID TOWER GAMING CASE
  • Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700 (3.2GHz) 12MB Cache
  • MotherboardASUS® PRIME Z370-P: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
  • 8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133MHz (1 x 8GB)
  • Graphics Card6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
  • 1st Hard Disk1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA
  • Power SupplyCORSAIR 350W VS SERIES™ VS-350 POWER SUPPLY
  • Processor CoolingSuper Quiet Titan DragonFly Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler
  • Wireless/Wired NetworkingWIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
  • USB OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
  • Operating SystemGenuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Single Licence
Thanks.

Man of Honour
I take it this is a pre-built pc as it seems to have several cheapest of the range components (motherboard, memory, psu, cooler, no ssd) and there are a lot of compromises in the build.

The psu is rubbish and you want more than a 350w psu. A good quality 450w psu would be enough but I would be looking at a good quality 550w to allow for a better gpu in future. Something like the excellent Seasonic Focus Plus 550w or if you don't mind hardwired cables the Bitfenix Formula 550w would be a good choice.

The memory is slow and is only a single stick. Ideally you want 3000mhz or more and 16Gb (2x8Gb). If you can't stretch to 16Gb right now then get a 2x 4Gb kit and you can always add more later. I would not be sacrificing any performance by running a single stick.

You really want a SSD in a build these days. I wouldn't even consider building a pc with just a hdd now.

Soldato
I take it this is a pre-built pc as it seems to have several cheapest of the range components (motherboard, memory, psu, cooler, no ssd) and there are a lot of compromises in the build.

The psu is rubbish and you want more than a 350w psu. A good quality 450w psu would be enough but I would be looking at a good quality 550w to allow for a better gpu in future. Something like the excellent Seasonic Focus Plus 550w or if you don't mind hardwired cables the Bitfenix Formula 550w would be a good choice.

The memory is slow and is only a single stick. Ideally you want 3000mhz or more and 16Gb (2x8Gb). If you can't stretch to 16Gb right now then get a 2x 4Gb kit and you can always add more later. I would not be sacrificing any performance by running a single stick.

You really want a SSD in a build these days. I wouldn't even consider building a pc with just a hdd now.

Came in here to say all this pretty much. I'd normally suggest giving us a budget and we'd all help spec you up a decent system but with the current prices of GPUs and DDR4 being astronomically ridiculous a pre-built is probably the way to go.

Man of Honour
Why bump a thread without commenting on what we have already said?

Came in here to say all this pretty much. I'd normally suggest giving us a budget and we'd all help spec you up a decent system but with the current prices of GPUs and DDR4 being astronomically ridiculous a pre-built is probably the way to go.
what they said.
you ain't gonna get better advice

Back
Top Bottom