**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I collected my car today and the different over the P-Zero's with the new PS4S is pure night and day, the tyres have also improved the ride quality of the car which I wasn't expecting. The car is now predictable in the wet and cold compared to sliding all over the place with the P-Zeros.

All in it was £1026.93 which was supplied and fitted by the OPC, so very impressive.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I don't suppose you got too thoroughly hosed by the OPC and at least it keeps your warranty properly intact...what were the sizes?

No, not all all as they price matched for me.

It runs the following sizes:

235/35 R20 (N0)
265/35 R20 (N0)

Soldato
I've heard similar stories... but our 320d has had 2.5 sets of CSC5s and done 70k miles with plenty of tread left of the current set...I think that is decent mileage for a set of tyres unless someone tells me a set of Michelins last 50k or something.

On my old E91 320d I had a set of Michelin Primacy RFT or whatever they were called and I got over 50k out of a set of those. The fronts still had 4mm tread on but had worn like 50p pieces...apparently a common problem with RFTs so the tyre place said. I was getting nasty vibrations through the steering wheel because of it.

Soldato
I've heard similar stories... but our 320d has had 2.5 sets of CSC5s and done 70k miles with plenty of tread left of the current set...I think that is decent mileage for a set of tyres unless someone tells me a set of Michelins last 50k or something.
I used to get 11,000 miles out of a set of front tyres when I had CSC5s on my 1.61.6 A3. The grip was wonderful in the wet but they do not last long.

hux

hux

Soldato
Cheers, figured as much.
Previous owner fitted some Prestivo tyres, lets just say they're far from the best, my little civic demands more.

Last edited:
Soldato
people who have tried them are no longer with us.
:D

I am soon going to be in need of two front tyres for my car. At the moment I have Conti SportContact 5s at the front. A few months ago I fitted PremiumContact 6 to the rear after reading that they were supposedly better than the SC5 and only slightly inferior to the SC6. On the rear of my car they are slightly quieter than the outgoing SC5s and I've had no reason to doubt their grip levels.

Should I just get another pair of PC6s for the front, or am I going to benefit largely from changing my allegiance after all these years and going for something like the PS4? Sadly neither the PS4S or the Conti SC6 are available in my size (235/40/18). After looking at some (proper) reviews, it seems like they're fairly evenly matched.

I've had no real complaints over the wear of the SC5s I've used throughout the years, although my current Mondeo seems to be harder on the front tyres than my old one. I do like to give it the beans when the opportunity arises, though.

Associate
Hi

Apologies didnt know about links.

I have two excellent condition Vintage Original Michelin Winter studded tyres for sale plus Original Michelin Inner tubes too.

I bought them second hand last year but never used them.

Im working on a new project on my Renault 4 (clutch) so i need to invest in that now.

Any interest out there?

Regards

Sprackers

hux

hux

Soldato
I just got 4 michelin crossclimates for a honda jazz, my nephew thinks im mad.

I had four of these on my little c3, good solid and dependable, compound is a bit soft but they're very predictable.

A good safe tyre.

Got my PS4's fitted, not sure what to make of them, they actually feel looser, turn in is incredible compared to my Prestivo tyres, and rightly so.

It's the loose feeling that has me a bit spooked, I'm sure they'll grip far beyond than I expect, I just need them to scrub in.

It's probably down to them having a hard compound, went with the 94 index tyre, as that seemed to get the higher ratings, but despite that the car is better going over the bumps.

Soldato
One of my Potenza run flats popped with an almighty *bang* this morning it sounded like an anvil landed on the trunk! How many miles can I safely drive on a flat at 30mph? I can’t get any pressure into it. Reason I ask is I’m waiting on a set of Eagle F1 AS3 to arrive to replace it - expected Friday.

Caporegime
I had four of these on my little c3, good solid and dependable, compound is a bit soft but they're very predictable.

A good safe tyre.

Got my PS4's fitted, not sure what to make of them, they actually feel looser, turn in is incredible compared to my Prestivo tyres, and rightly so.

It's the loose feeling that has me a bit spooked, I'm sure they'll grip far beyond than I expect, I just need them to scrub in.

It's probably down to them having a hard compound, went with the 94 index tyre, as that seemed to get the higher ratings, but despite that the car is better going over the bumps.
New tyres and cold. Need to scrub in

Are the pressures correct too ?

Back
Top Bottom