**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Very happy with the Spigen rugged armor case. amFilm screen protector however is not so good.
Can anyone recommend a decent, reasonably priced Pixel2 tempered glass screen protector?

Soldato
Very happy with the Spigen rugged armor case. amFilm screen protector however is not so good.
Can anyone recommend a decent, reasonably priced Pixel2 tempered glass screen protector?

I took the advice from many poeple and rattle than wasting money on multiple cheaper screen protectors I bought the Whitestone dome, fitted yesterday and it’s pretty awesome.

Soldato
Update on my experience with the P2XL.....

Love the phone in general, but the screen is a joke. From blue shift to the black smear, and my favourite is the defective pixels on FOUR different phones. Latest one has 2 "stuck" pixels (they appear black on any sort of reddy colour, but not on white/blue etc)

Soldato
Update on my experience with the P2XL.....

Love the phone in general, but the screen is a joke. From blue shift to the black smear, and my favourite is the defective pixels on FOUR different phones. Latest one has 2 "stuck" pixels (they appear black on any sort of reddy colour, but not on white/blue etc)

I guess you are just unlucky or picky :)

Maybe get a refund and try another phone .

Soldato
Past the 14 and 30 day period now and I paid using gift card so would be restricted to Currys.

Google were good to deal with in terms of the RMA, but it's just getting tedious.

I don't think "picky" is fair considering if I were to sell the phone on the MM here people would certainly not like the fact it would have dead pixels. I paid for a top end phone, I expect to have a perfect (as far as working pixels go) screen, not enter into some sort of lottery. Unlucky is true. Of all the phones I've had, this is the only one I've ever had these sorts of issues with. All my bad luck at once - but also poor QA.

I dare others to download a pixel test app and flick through the colours, see if you have stuck/dead pixels.

Soldato
Just tested mine also - no problems at all with the pixels. Screen is great until you compare it side by side with an iPhone X or S9 but how often would you ever do that?

Associate
I'm about to pull the trigger and purchase a Pixel 2 XL.
It's the same price with cpw and on the Google store, is there any benefit from buying it from Google over cpw.
I'm a kind of impatient guy and always go for next day delivery, cpw do free next day delivery so was leaning towards them or would I get this with Google.

Back
Top Bottom