• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

That's an interesting price difference on a 1080...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Overclockers has the GEFORCE GTX 1080 WINDFORCE listed at £589.99 but on a different site (not sure i am allowed to mention it) I can see it listed at £479.99. That's a hell of a price difference for the same card. I thought overclockers prices were usually the best, no?

Associate
OP
oh, ok. usually when I am shopping around OC prices are the best. their loss i guess, that is a big difference in price though...

Ree

Ree

Associate
sadly i find a lot of the time ocuk to be the most expensive for a lot of things especially when you need to factor in delivery charges.

Soldato
also got to factor in when they bought the stock, what was the exchange rate as they buy in dollars . could have been bought in a large bulk at height of mining crazy with poor exchange rate etc

Man of Honour
GPU prices are all over the place at the moment due to things like mining - some have simply been priced up and never adjusted others have been bought in at a higher or lower price depending on fluctuations and the retailer can't really afford to adjust that price, if the overall market adjusts down, until the stock bought in at a certain price has sold (or they are forced to drop prices if stock hangs around long enough).

You definitely have to shop around at the moment for GPUs due to this - I've seen base model 1070s in some places more expensive than OC model 1080s, etc. (probably due to the comparable attractiveness for mining at some points in time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom