The Defiant Ones

Associate
The Defiant Ones is a 4 part HBO documentary/film directed by Allen Hughes (Menace 2 Society) about the success of Dr Dre & Jimmy Iovine with Interscope/Aftermath artists which spans right back to the 70s/80s/90s, and their $3 billion deal with Apple to sell Beats.

I sat and binged watched all 4 episodes last night, really enjoyed it, some of the rare archive footage was well presented and very interesting to watch. Great insight into both masterminds, has some revealing stories, both personal and business related and was nice to see various artists such as Eminem, Snoop Dogg, U2 and Bruce Springsteen reflect on their success and the relationships and thoughts on Dre and Iovine.

Would highly recommend if you are a fan of music. Quite inspirational stuff.

9/10

Soldato
I never knew anything about this until this thread, now i'm dying to see it.

Is it on any of the regular streaming services...Now Tv, Amazon, Netflix?

I thought Straight Out Of Compton was an excellent film and underrated by so many.

Associate
OP
I never knew anything about this until this thread, now i'm dying to see it.

Is it on any of the regular streaming services...Now Tv, Amazon, Netflix?

I thought Straight Out Of Compton was an excellent film and underrated by so many.
It has been pretty well promoted on social media for the past couple monthes, I have known about it for a while.

Unfortunately its not on any of our streaming services here in the UK, it got aired on HBO and the HBO streaming service in the US. I managed to watch it using 'other means'.

Straight Outta Compton was really good, I agree.

Caporegime
I watched all four parts, was absolutely incredible.

The best documentary I have ever watched.

You are 100% about it being inspirational, no matter what field you are in, this can motivate you to push yourself, it certainly has motivated me.

10/10

Associate
OP
I watched all four parts, was absolutely incredible.

The best documentary I have ever watched.

You are 100% about it being inspirational, no matter what field you are in, this can motivate you to push yourself, it certainly has motivated me.

10/10
The next morning on my way to work, I listened to The Chronic in its entirety.

This bit of the documentary is great. It took 5 secs to prove himself to Dre and cement himself in history as the GOAT.

Soldato
I thought there must have been a thread about this! The girlfriend and I just finished this. What a documentary, really inspiring and fascinating.

So much respect for Dr Dre, he truly is a talented man.

Back
Top Bottom