Women's Aid has issued a warning about Adam's behaviour on Love Island

Caporegime
honestly I really don't watch this show (I know I made a thread previously about some Sun or Mirror article re: some good looking Dr chap being rejected by the plastic Essex bird types...) but this article appeared on social media (I don't read Cosmo either FWIW)

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/rep...alflowTW&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

WTF??? It's a game show isn't it? As far as I can tell from youtube clips of previous shows they've had girls call each other various words that can't be typed here, scream and shout and square up to each other... call each other ***** or slags... guys square up to each other. The show deliberately messes with the contestants emotionally with dubious lie detector tests given to members of different couples, bringing on ex partners, bringing on new girls/guys who inevitably cause "drama" by splitting up established couples etc..etc..

Yet in spite of all that pretty appalling behaviour apparently a guy smirking and acting a bit sarcastically when breaking up with someone has caused a twitter **** storm

"On the latest series of Love Island, there are clear warning signs in Adam’s behaviour," Katie Ghose said in a statement. "In a relationship, a partner questioning your memory of events, trivialising your thoughts or feelings, and turning things around to blame you can be part of pattern of gaslighting and emotional abuse.

"Last night, Rosie called out Adam's unacceptable behaviour on the show. We ask viewers to join her in recognising unhealthy behaviour in relationships and speaking out against all forms of domestic abuse – emotional as well as physical," Katie said. "It is only when we make a stand together against abuse in relationships that we will see attitudes change and an end to domestic abuse."

It's apparently "domestic abuse" now... they've stretched things a bit by calling it emotional abuse in the first place tbh... but now they're literally conflating it with domestic violence by making use of a broad term like "domestic abuse".

He might well be a bit of an arse but I mean in terms of things to get outraged about on a show like that it just seems bizarre that a bloke being a bit sarcastic and not particularly emotional when splitting with someone is up there as the worst and warrants a charity coming out with a warning and various publications (it seems to have hit the BBC and HuffPo too) carrying the warning..

Caporegime
So that last in the first season who claimed to have "mugged off" the Italian twin but when the people who'd seen that joins later revealed she had in fact been dump3d by the Italian twin (she threw herself at him he said hgo back him the other guy) and she lied her **** off to everyone till they came in

Is fine but a guy telling the truth isbdomestic abus3?

Caporegime
So that last in the first season who claimed to have "mugged off" the Italian twin but when the people who'd seen that joins later revealed she had in fact been dump3d by the Italian twin (she threw herself at him he said hgo back him the other guy) and she lied her **** off to everyone till they came in

Is fine but a guy telling the truth isbdomestic abus3?
Just reading that made my head hurt.

Such compelling drama. Such humanity. I'm so invested now. Is this what love feels like? Hold me....

Caporegime
Just reading that made my head hurt.

Such compelling drama. Such humanity. I'm so invested now. Is this what love feels like? Hold me....

Well like all stories it has its ups and downs personally I'd never watched before the other weekend when gf was over.

But yup women doing what male is accused of is fine male is abuse.

Dont worry though dude I'm sure some day you'll find love and move out of your mum's house

Soldato
absolutely LMAO at how defensive Tefel is over this absolutely awful TV show.

Big TOWIE and Jersey Shore fan too Tefal? what about the real housewives of Cheshire? :D

Caporegime
absolutely LMAO at how defensive Tefel is over this absolutely awful TV show.

Big TOWIE and Jersey Shore fan too Tefal? what about the real housewives of Cheshire? :D

I've watched about 5 episodes lol.

I just find the superior attitudes of moms basement dwellers hilarious ;)

Soldato
I couldn't give a rat's hairy ball bag about any of the self obsessed cretins in this sorry excuse for a TV show ;)

The only way I'd watch it, was if they announced it was a battle royale style last man standing wins :D

Last edited:
Soldato
honestly I really don't watch this show (I know I made a thread previously about some Sun or Mirror article re: some good looking Dr chap being rejected by the plastic Essex bird types...) but this article appeared on social media (I don't read Cosmo either FWIW)

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/rep...alflowTW&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

WTF??? It's a game show isn't it? As far as I can tell from youtube clips of previous shows they've had girls call each other various words that can't be typed here, scream and shout and square up to each other... call each other ***** or slags... guys square up to each other. The show deliberately messes with the contestants emotionally with dubious lie detector tests given to members of different couples, bringing on ex partners, bringing on new girls/guys who inevitably cause "drama" by splitting up established couples etc..etc..

Yet in spite of all that pretty appalling behaviour apparently a guy smirking and acting a bit sarcastically when breaking up with someone has caused a twitter **** storm

It's apparently "domestic abuse" now... they've stretched things a bit by calling it emotional abuse in the first place tbh... but now they're literally conflating it with domestic violence by making use of a broad term like "domestic abuse".

He might well be a bit of an arse but I mean in terms of things to get outraged about on a show like that it just seems bizarre that a bloke being a bit sarcastic and not particularly emotional when splitting with someone is up there as the worst and warrants a charity coming out with a warning and various publications (it seems to have hit the BBC and HuffPo too) carrying the warning..

I think the article was written by tefal

Soldato
I wonder if 'women's aid' also recognise the 'warning signs' in certain women's behaviour and call these out?

Erin Pizzey was right to observe that domestic abuse is all too often reciprocal, it just the outcomes that are often different due to the average strength differences between between the sexes.

Man of Honour
It is quite funny tbh. These men are obnoxious, but the girls know this and then choose to go back to them and expect things to be different. Shockingly the guys then do the same thing again. It is quite entertaining to watch. Can't blame Women's aid, a good way to grab some attention.

Back
Top Bottom