100 years of the RAF

Soldato
Balls. Left my office to go and watch it from the Guildhall, as there was a big crowd there. But just as I walked out they were all dispersing, seems I missed it. Nevermind.

Underboss
Just seen the Pumas and the Chinooks going over my house, en-route to RAF Odiham I expect.

Watched the rest on the BBC, mightily impressive display and the F35s sounded awesome!

Soldato
Insanely jealous of anyone who was in London to see this today. Does anyone know if the BBC covered the whole thing, if it will be on iPlayer?

Soldato
I'm sure it will be.

We had a pretty good view from the office :cool: Although we were amazed how quiet they all were!

giphy.gif

EDIT: Got it working :cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Insanely jealous of anyone who was in London to see this today. Does anyone know if the BBC covered the whole thing, if it will be on iPlayer?

More than likely, but here's a little taster in the mean time :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44775939

It was genuinely something to behold, we witnessed history today :cool:

Where's @Housey ? He's usually all over these things.

Caporegime
Indeed - we are spoilt especially when it comes to seeing the Lancaster/Spitfire/Hurricane. But yes it was like a none-stop procession in the sky last Tuesday, wave after wave of different types of aircraft.

Indeed one time I was going through coningsby and had to stop at the lights to watch a typhoon land. Couldn't have timed it better!

Don
Just seen the Pumas and the Chinooks going over my house, en-route to RAF Odiham I expect.

Watched the rest on the BBC, mightily impressive display and the F35s sounded awesome!

They flew over my house too, but totally the wrong direction for Odiham (I live in a neighbouring town). Maybe it was their outward journey I saw...

Underboss
I'm in Guildford and they were flying towards Aldershot/Farnham so I guessed as that's the closest RAF Establishment.

Pretty cool to see all the same.

Back
Top Bottom