LG OLED55B7V price hikes everywhere??

Associate
Hi guys after a bit of advice please.

Currently own an old Panasonic 50GT50 plasma which has served me well, main uses are SKY hd, Sony blu-ray player (few hundred films) and an original PS4.

Do you guys recon it's worth the upgrade to a 55B7V with my current usage?

Also will the 55B7V pass through HD sound via HDMI ARC from the ps4 and blu-ray?

I'm not 100% sure but my old amp (TX-SR508 onkyo) won't pass through 4K or HDR so i'll have to plug direct into the TV then to the amp via ARC

Soldato
Folks who own one: Is there a Plex app? I've obviously Googled but can't find anything definitive, some places suggest yes while others seem to be using a different app in order to do it? Can anyone confirm?

Associate
Folks who own one: Is there a Plex app? I've obviously Googled but can't find anything definitive, some places suggest yes while others seem to be using a different app in order to do it? Can anyone confirm?

It does, but I've never managed to get it functioning correctly, just can't get it to connect to Plex media centre.

However, the full Plex library appears on the in-built LG Video/Photo app and all video's stream well, even 4K over Wi-fi, just not as nice an interface as Plex. No HDR from what I remember though.

Bry

Bry

Associate
There's a great third party client for plex on LG called xplay. Miles better than the official app in terms of navigation, especially with logs remote.

You have to pay but it's only five pounds I think and you get a fully functional trial for 7 days. So definitely try it

Back
Top Bottom