Drill Rap - innocent or guilty?

Caporegime
its been really bad many murders . thats why they wanted the videos stopped. the thing is banning the videos just gives them more certified status. many bad places or bad areas its actually pretty common and relates to what is happening in uk.thats why its been hot.

Caporegime
its been really bad many murders . thats why they wanted the videos stopped. the thing is banning the videos just gives them more certified status. many bad places or bad areas its actually pretty common and relates to what is happening in uk.thats why its been hot.

Plus middle class white boys get to pretend they're well 'ard innit blud

Caporegime
what are you on about. many people are getting murdered people are blaming the videos.they are related in some cases.as said one was killed earlier today. it doesnt matter black or white its all the same.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't say it's innocent but I dont think banning it will help.

I remember people talking about grime in a similar fashion back in the day (he says like he isn't 23 :o), some local youth clubs caught onto this and started classes on music production so people who were actually interested in the music side can actually turn it into a skill. UK grime has gone relatively mainstream and global, I'm sure some of the main acts were involved in similar recordings like those in the OP when they were younger.

The stuff going around nowadays is nothing new, they just have very public facing ways of spreading them. I saw similar videos being passed around via bluetooth and MSN when I was younger and gang violence was nowhere near as bad as it is today.

I don't think this current government have any idea how to solve the current rise in crime, things like banning drill videos on youtube might put a small dent in it and make the public think they're cracking down on gangs but a quick glance at a MPS or 999 twitter feed and you can see the scale of the issue and how it shows no signs of slowing down.

Soldato
OP
Lol it's cute when British kids think they're American gangsters.

The thing that entertains me, is how the UK gangsters are making gun shapes with their hands and waving them at the camera making shooting sounds, whereas the Chicago gangsters are actually waving glocks and mac-10s at the camera rofl.

I agree with your other point too somewhat, in the fact that whilst it's just a bit of music - the end result is that they indeed get all stabby and acidy and it's expensive to everyone when we have to clean it up.

I don't think this current government have any idea how to solve the current rise in crime, things like banning drill videos on youtube might put a small dent in it and make the public think they're cracking down on gangs but a quick glance at a MPS or 999 twitter feed and you can see the scale of the issue and how it shows no signs of slowing down.

Agreed - I mean look at the effort that was put into trying to block the pirate bay and file sharing sites, the reality now - is even without a VPN I can now walk right onto any of those sites and download pretty much whatever the hell I want, everyone gave up when they realised it was literally impossible to stop.

Soldato
usa people arent going to get 5 years for showing a gun are they. in uk they are.

They could always use airsoft guns, good enough for hollywood and all that.

Glad they do go for the finger waving though, last thing the uk airsoft community needs is a bunch of twonks associating the sport with gang violence.

Soldato
This is the same argument people made ages ago about gangster rap. If I............... Insert Something bad......... Ain't nothin to it, gangster rap made me do it.

Soldato
It's almost as though the act of becoming upset by something, makes it worse because everyone reports it - which propagates it.

You are absolutely 100% correct.

This happened back when the Ariana Grande concert attack happened, they had a "terrorism expert" (lol whatever the **** that is) Live on BBC news telling the nation how you never need to contact ISIS, not even once, in order to perform attacks for them, and that it just needs to be "ISIS style" for it to be attributed to ISIS. Utterly appalling and sickening crap to be propagating.

It also happened back with the migrant crisis, they were propagating the exact routes migrants were taking to get to the UK, basically giving the routes an advertisement campaign worth millions, for free.

Same when they tried to ban torrents, The bbc listed all the best torrent sites and gave them an advertisement campaign worth millions. Then torrent use actually surged because even people who knew nothing about the internet recieved a lovely and comprehensive list of best torrent sites directly on the BBC homepage lol.

Yes it is certain that the media has absolutely NO CLUE what they're actually propagating. Or do they? I don't know. I mean some of the stuff/ideas they put out just beggar belief and it makes me question if it's honestly down to sheer ignorance of media psychology.

Soldato

what are you on about. many people are getting murdered people are blaming the videos.they are related in some cases.as said one was killed earlier today. it doesnt matter black or white its all the same.

Your posts are horrendous to read and decipher. Please tell me English isn't your first language.

Man of Honour
There’s been shockingly violent lyrics in music long before drill. Some Eminem / D12 stuff is really horrible - some of the lines on ‘Fight Music’ stand out to me. Likewise, a lot of what I will broadly categorise at rock music is violent too - lyrics by the likes of Cannibal Corpse are pretty much unspeakable.

In all cases it’s arguably irresponsible but unless it’s legitimate threats against specific groups of people I think freedom of speech is an excellent defence.

Soldato
That stuff is absolutely atrocious. I don't think I can find a word in the English language explicit enough to describe how bad it is....

I think I lost a few brain cells listening to it.

Back
Top Bottom