• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RTX 2080 pre-order thread

Associate
Me? I've gone for the Gigabyte 2080 Ti.

Great, as based on the latest news, you'll be able to run the new Tomb Raider title at 40fps at a lowly 1080p with that card, once you switch RTX on (and it was literally impossible to see any improvement in the game with it on.. ..unless "tanking framerate" was a design goal. :D)

Soldato
i'm going to buy a TI just not sure which one.

Ive had 2 gigabyte & they become loud over time. im'm thinking EVGA but want somthing small too as Might got Micro ATX or smnaller

Soldato
Until I see some solid number with actual game performance comparison between this and the 10 series im going to hold out.

Same, I’d like a 2080Ti and will be getting one if the performance is there.

If it’s barely faster than a 1080Ti then I’ll be sticking with one and wait for something quicker.

That is the main reason I won’t be pre-ordering just yet. I want to see some actual benchmarks and performance numbers before ordering. Especially something of this costing.

Soldato
Oh good another thread for people to whinge in, get butt hurt, and buy consoles instead.

I have preordered with the intension of not being disappointed on release if they turn out to be good. If less than 20% improvement over my Xp then I'll probably cancel. If they turn out to be 40% faster I'm betting they'll be more orders perhaps less stock and the price will defiantly go up, on some cards it has already, it'll be the 8700k all over again, that got flamed on release, a few weeks later the same people were clambering for them. We'll see, I'm hoping we see benchmarks well before the 13th though.

Soldato
I’m sorry but if you pre-order a card with no idea of performance you are an absolute moron.

That rule goes for any graphics card from any company.

Soldato
I’m sorry but if you pre-order a card with no idea of performance you are an absolute moron.

That rule goes for any graphics card from any company.

Watch the personal attacks my little pedigree chum, I'll spell it out cause obviously you cannot read I will cancel if they turn out rubbish if not then I'll get my card when there's no stock. No money has come out my bank so wheres the problem.

Back
Top Bottom