Monitor screen goes black

Associate
Has anybody suffered this problem with windows 11. When I install a program, and after it is installed it want to reboot. After the reboot the monitor screen goes black, to get it to work i have to reboot the system again.

Associate
I experience similar on a regular basis, but mine isn't connected to installing software.
Mine seems to be a "feature" of the Gigabyte graphics card. Maybe it's a Display Port issue.

When you say your monitor goes black, is Windows still loading up after the reboot?
And if you left Windows to fully boot up again, would the picture finally appear on your monitor, when you the desktop icons appear?
That's what happens to me if I don't switch on my monitor and PC at the same time.
If I start my PC, wait 10 secs and switch on my monitor, I don't see anything on screen, until Windows has fully booted.

Soldato
I experience similar on a regular basis, but mine isn't connected to installing software.
Mine seems to be a "feature" of the Gigabyte graphics card. Maybe it's a Display Port issue.

When you say your monitor goes black, is Windows still loading up after the reboot?
And if you left Windows to fully boot up again, would the picture finally appear on your monitor, when you the desktop icons appear?
That's what happens to me if I don't switch on my monitor and PC at the same time.
If I start my PC, wait 10 secs and switch on my monitor, I don't see anything on screen, until Windows has fully booted.

Woot

Your post give me an idea. Many thanks

For some reasons neither of my two monitors would wake up from Sleep in Windows 10. They are connected to my Gigabyte GTX 1080 TI card. I have spent ages going through various settings and drivers etc etc etc. I had sort of given up but then noted that they were both connected by a DP cable. If I change either one to another type, in my case I had a spare HDMI cable, then they will both wake up....!!!!

It doesn't matter which monitor has the HDMI cable but the point is that they both can't have a DP cable for the sleep function to work, or the wake part anyway.

Back
Top Bottom