• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Soldato
TechPowerUp | Posted: 18 October 2018 said:
Intel's 6-core "Coffee Lake" die was essentially a "Kaby Lake" die with two extra cores, and no physical changes to other components, such as iGPU or uncore. With its new 8-core "Coffee Lake" Refresh silicon, Intel has turned its attention to not just increasing the core-count, but also improving the processor's integrated memory controller, in addition to hardware fixes to certain security vulnerabilities. The 128-bit wide (dual-channel) integrated memory controller now supports up to 128 GB of memory. Intel's current DDR4-capable mainstream desktop processors only support up to 64 GB, as do rival AMD's Ryzen socket AM4 processors.

Support for up to 128 GB explains emergence of off-spec memory standards such as ASUS' Double Capacity (DC) DIMMs. Samsung is ready with a JEDEC-compliant 32 GB dual-rank UDIMM memory module for client platforms. Introduction of 32 GB UDIMMs also come amidst reports of DRAM pricing cool-off through 2019, which could make 32 GB dual-channel memory kits consisting of two 16 GB UDIMMs more affordable. The increase in maximum memory amount could also indicate Intel's seriousness to introduce 3D Xpoint-based Optane Persistent Memory modules as alternatives to DRAM-based main memory, with higher capacities compensating for worse latencies and data-rates compared to DRAM.
Source: AnandTech / TechPowerUp

OcUK Staff
Yes they shall be available, we have tray product in stock, lots of it. :)
You will be able to place order for the tray on evening of 18th and will ship on 19th.

They will also come with Intel Starter Pack, so COD4 and some other games/software.

Soldato
Why even bother with this CPU. Just get a second hand 8700k. It'll probably be very similar in performance.

I just sold one of two 8700K's I had sitting on my desk for £400, could have got more for it but it cost me nothing in the first place, so I figured that was a 'fair' price given the current gouging. What I am saying is 8700K's are not cheap second hand. :)

Soldato
I just sold one of two 8700K's I had sitting on my desk for £400, could have got more for it but it cost me nothing in the first place, so I figured that was a 'fair' price given the current gouging. What I am saying is 8700K's are not cheap second hand. :)

Yes you are right. It was a few months back. Intel pulling a Nvidia here

Back
Top Bottom