Associate
I'm putting together a triple monitor set up this weekend
Was wondering how different cables will effect the displays
Everybody says you can mix them up but I'm paranoid

My graphics card is a 1050 Ti
Display Port x1
HDMI x1
DVI x1

So if one monitor is hooked up with DVI and another is connected with HDMI on the same GPU, will my monitors colors or brightness be different compared to one and other due to the mix of different cables?
Or will the three monitors (which are all the same model) look the same even though I hooked them up to one GPU with different cables?
Was thinking of purchasing a Display Port to HDMI Hub to make it simpler and tidy but they are very expensive for me right now
If somebody can confirm the mix of cables does not effect my displays then that is awesome and I will feel relieved as little things like this bug me

I insert my little plan below =)
2UHXchR.png

Soldato
You buy a monitor calibrator. I'm still using an old x-rite i1Display 2 that I've had for years.

If you just want them to more-or-less match each other you should be able to do it by eye,

Soldato
I've had no reason to keep up to date, but I doubt you'd be able to get anything for under £100.

There's no point worrying about it unless you find that you can't get them to match well enough without one.

Back
Top Bottom