Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
Played the opening and up to the first town of the main part of the game I guess?

Fantastic level of detail but it will be too much for some. I can see players bouncing off this game if they aren't keen on the sim aspects etc. For me, I love all that.

Lots to learn and I do find the tutorial messages don't stay up long enough for me to grasps given concept but I'm sure it will all click the more I play. Accidently stabbed a guy because I thought R2 while unarmed would fist fight :D apparently punch is O :D

Quit to reload as I didn't want to do that, started the whole mission again and did it.. again lol so just carried on. He was a dock anyway ;)

Lost my actual hat now :D

Caporegime
The game looks great on PS4.

The problem with most of the graphical comparisons is they set Xbox One X as the benchmark and then discuss the ways in which all other versions are inferior. It gives the impression that the game looks bad on Xbox One and PS4 (and, to an extent, PS4 Pro). It doesn't. Whatever platform you buy RDR2 for, it will be one of the best looking games you can buy for that platform.

The graphics aren’t perfect on the X1X either, if you’ve came from PC gaming there’s still some stuff that stands out to you and is a bit jarring at first. That being said the game is still absolutely stunning, I hopped on around 4 this morning and played up until the move to the camp in the heartlands.

Soldato
The graphics aren’t perfect on the X1X either, if you’ve came from PC gaming there’s still some stuff that stands out to you and is a bit jarring at first. That being said the game is still absolutely stunning, I hopped on around 4 this morning and played up until the move to the camp in the heartlands.

It looks better than any PC game I have played. The amount of detail is mind boggling.

Slave labour at RockStar obviously paid off..... lol

Soldato
The game has a natural and more muted colour tone compared to like Forza Horizon, HZD or Spider-Man which were very vibrant in comparison. It looks fantastic on my Tv with HDR doing a subtle and not in your face job.

I think people have a poor understanding of what HDR does a lot of the time its meant to be subtle and natural not in your face.

Soldato
Fantastic level of detail but it will be too much for some. I can see players bouncing off this game if they aren't keen on the sim aspects etc. For me, I love all that.
This may be me but I hope not. Feeling slightly overwhelmed with all the concepts and the controls and remembering which buttons to press, what combinations of buttons to press etc.

The game is stunning on PS4 base and I'm still in the main starter areas and taking it slowly and repeating missions to get used to the controls.

Soldato

Frankly, I come from PC gaming and I'm yet to see a game more visually impressive than e.g. HZD, Uncharted 4 or RDR 2 for that matter. Not talking pure technicalities, just overall. Maybe the two latest ACs but that's multiplatform.

Soldato
I'm finding this game dangerously addictive. I started a second stint at around 7pm last night. Some hours later I noticed it was almost 11. So decided to give myself another 30 mins..... I ended up going to bed well after 1am.... The longest 30 mins of my life.

Associate
Frankly, I come from PC gaming and I'm yet to see a game more visually impressive than e.g. HZD, Uncharted 4 or RDR 2 for that matter. Not talking pure technicalities, just overall. Maybe the two latest ACs but that's multiplatform.

This looks like most games do at E3 but has actually released visually better than an E3 trailer which must be a first

Caporegime

I think God of War wins overall for best looking.

Associate
The first clue is just outside Valentine after you've done a couple of missions (the one with the saloon fight). Just take the road from the town to the camp and watch the ground. :)

Back
Top Bottom