Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
Struggling to get the best picture out of this game. Not sure if anyone can assist?

Running an Xbox One X mated to Philips 55PUS6401 (which should have HDR, but I believe is rated to 350nits).

Now, the console says I can run HDR10 but obviously the TV can't really handle that. When I have HDR10 enabled it looks very washed out (albeit somewhat natural looking), but there's better detail:

ByyTKYt.jpg.png

With HDR10 disabled the colours are absolutely amazing, but it's so dark, and some scenes are hard to see:

aBtvV2w.jpg.png

What's going on here? Does anyone know?

Another couple of examples:

WJwqh2H.jpg.png

TtRZqDg.jpg.png

Setup details:

plOyc2W.jpg.png

zVOeADd.jpg.png

cJN8qLQ.jpg.png

Thanks! And sorry for the boring post, absolutely loving the game otherwise! :)

Soldato
Also, what HDR calibration is everyone running? I'm on 300 with HDR10 enabled (which actually makes a difference on the slider), but with HDR10 disabled, the slider makes no difference.

Soldato
Just been wandering about, got shot at randomly by 5 men who were stealing from a construction site i think. Killed them all and now I'm wanted. For trespassing! FML.

Similar to mine when I took a can of beans out a cupboard after killing 15 people, don't mind the killing, don't touch the beans.

I imagine they'll smooth some of the daft triggers like that over time.

Soldato
So just on the brightness/HDR issue. When the game first started and you had to calibrate the brightness; I put the brightness up to full, yet still could not see the Rockstar logo in the box. I set it back to the default. Some of the first indoor sections were almost pitch black in sections even when playing with the lights off!

Soldato
Easily the best graphically and detailed world to date on a console if any platform, its completely mind boggling how good this game looks, the lighting and shadow detail is outstanding as well, sun light breaking through trees and hitting the lifting early morning fog. The wildlife interacts within its habitat brilliantly as well.

Soldato
@wingman , notice you have enable YCC 422 on, I have that off on mine, it states to enable only if having issues with HDR.

Also have you got black levels set up correctly, Standard on Xbox and low on TV.

And them pics without HDR that look more vibrant, you have black crush in parts, losing all the shadow detail.

Soldato
Does anyone know how storing things in the sachel works? Is there an overall capacity or a capacity for certain things? Every time I get a pelt it says I can't store it, even if I discard things from my sachel :(

Man of Honour
Got to say, this is the best looking game ever for me. So many wow moments exploring. Horizon is a close second for me but I think Red Dead just edges it.

When this comes out on the PC, which it no doubt will, it’s going to look incredible.

Or even if they do a next gen reboot like they did with GTA5

Back
Top Bottom