**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Associate
Well my order with Google Store now says;

Your delivery was delayed. We're working to get it to you soon and will email you when it's on its way.

No cancel option and no expected date, well played Google.

[Edit]
Pixel 3XL 64GB

Last edited:
Soldato
IMG-20181030-WA0004.jpg

Associate
I need to upgrade my phone (OP 3T that's falling apart) but I can't see a clear winner in any of these latest handsets (S9+, Mate 20 Pro, OP 6T or 3XL), each one has things I dislike and things I like.

I'm leaning towards the 3XL due to the camera, stock Android, AOD, wireless, screen despite the notch etc but that damn price gets me. Once I add in the stand, a case and a screen protector then it's basically a grand. Both my jobs rely on my phone so it's really not the end of the world to spend a lot on it but I keep looking at the 2XL and if the same holds true there's something really annoying knowing you're going to lose half a grand on the value of your phone in just a year's time.

I've been pretty good lately on purchases, managed to not fall into the trap of agonising over choices and just pulling the trigger if it's something I need instead of wasting valuable time but I'm definitely struggling here for some stupid reason, oh yes I have until the end of the month to make my mind up so one whole day...

Soldato
I need to upgrade my phone (OP 3T that's falling apart) but I can't see a clear winner in any of these latest handsets (S9+, Mate 20 Pro, OP 6T or 3XL), each one has things I dislike and things I like.

I'm leaning towards the 3XL due to the camera, stock Android, AOD, wireless, screen despite the notch etc but that damn price gets me. Once I add in the stand, a case and a screen protector then it's basically a grand. Both my jobs rely on my phone so it's really not the end of the world to spend a lot on it but I keep looking at the 2XL and if the same holds true there's something really annoying knowing you're going to lose half a grand on the value of your phone in just a year's time.

I've been pretty good lately on purchases, managed to not fall into the trap of agonising over choices and just pulling the trigger if it's something I need instead of wasting valuable time but I'm definitely struggling here for some stupid reason, oh yes I have until the end of the month to make my mind up so one whole day...

I'm in the same boat. There's no true winner and the 3xl just isn't worth its asking price. The 6t is half the price on student discount for double the memory.

Associate

My OP 3T still works flawlessly like on day one which is annoying because I have that upgrade bug now :)

Associate

I'm usually a chronic upgrader but in all honesty the p3xl isn't for me bringing anything much to the table that warrants spending another 500 quid.

The screen is the main thing but the difference in practice is probably fairly minor, and yeah it has a faster chipset by maybe about 5% so probably not noticeable in the real world. Slight camera improvements that in all honesty are already on their way to the 2xl.

On the flip side the ugly notch (on the XL) and it looks like the battery life night even be worse than the 2xl.

I think you would have to REALLY want the new one and/or have lots of disposable income to justify that sort of money on tiny improvements.

Back
Top Bottom