**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Had a good play this morning in PCW switching between the regular 3 and 3XL. Definately made my mind up....3XL

Haptic feedback is better, speakers are better, screen is better (not just res and size, but the calibration or general temperature of the panel is better), battery will be better at idle although I would assume the smaller one would be better at SOT. Sat side by side the 3XL has definately won me over.

Putting on the live wallpaper of the moutain side with birds flying over, the XL is a step up. I'd say a big step up actually. Smaller one is too warm and saturated, even when both phones have the same profile.

I did do a few tests to see how much extra screen real estate you get between the two, never seen this mentioned by any reviewers.....

Basically, on the notification panels the 3XL gives you an extra 3 characters width ways, and on the settings menu you see an extra option and 1/4 of a second one.

Like mentioned above by another poster, the smaller one takes a definate design cue from last years 2XL which is NOT a good thing. The corners are too rounded and has a similar recessed look about it. The XL has really improved in this area.

It's a beast, especially when sat in a case....but I can live with it (dom jolly)

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone using a Spigen rugged armour car with small pixel 3 found a screen protector that actually fits well? I had a great one on my P2 that had cut outs at the top so can and speaker grill weren't covered. Makes getting on so much simpler.

Cpwh do one but it's like £25.
Just removed my ultimate shield and installed the cubevit tempered glass off Amazon was like 2 for £7 bargain and it's been so much better touch response and no rainbow effect with a very nice fit in my Spigen rugged armour

Soldato
Just removed my ultimate shield and installed the cubevit tempered glass off Amazon was like 2 for £7 bargain and it's been so much better touch response and no rainbow effect with a very nice fit in my Spigen rugged armour

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at those two today. Will get the cubevit.

Associate
Looks like CPW won't have the White 64Gb Non-XL until the end of the month. Google's estimate of delivery currently says 7-8 Nov, anyone have any experience with how accurate that is likely to be?

Soldato
I do like the flat slab-o-glass-phone feeling it has. Makes it feel very wide and thin, but that might just feel like that because the Mate 20 Pro is a really thin, rounded device.
This.
I have to think that a lot of manufacturers are mis-reading the market (and I don't mean the notch lol). I haven't seen many (if any) people on these forums actually wanting a curved display. I certainly prefer a flat screen and this is one reason I couldn't get on with the Note 9 and have pre-ordered a 6T. Curved screen's had their day and for me the novelty has worn off. Weren't the curved displays brought in as a way to seemingly "shrink" the bezels? So now that bezels have generally shrunk anyway what is the point anymore? I detest the Mate 20 Pro, it is much too curved for me. Flat screens are much better and I'd guess cheaper to manufacture. It just seems like innovation for innovation's sake.

Soldato
You know even before gestures you just double tap the app switch button to go to last app? No need to go into recents :)

Just starting using the 3 XL as my daily from today. I do like the flat slab-o-glass-phone feeling it has. Makes it feel very wide and thin, but that might just feel like that because the Mate 20 Pro is a really thin, rounded device.
Would love to hear your thoughts between the two devices (since you're lucky enough to have both!). With all the screen issues around the mate 20pro and seriously considering cancelling my order and changing to the 3xl.

Back
Top Bottom