• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8600K to 9900k?

Associate
had a moment of madness and considered buying a 9900k to replace my 8600k,

would I see any improvement?? only really play pubg.

reason I considered it, I could leave it basically stock in the bios and a have the same speeds without the worry of the OC stability/lifespan/temp

Associate
Yeah i would get the 9900k and overclock the beast around 5ghz should last you years worth of usage.

As for the difference or improvement in pubg i think it would hardly make a difference but it is nice to have 8 cores and 16 threads so in the long run will be worth it.

Dan.

Soldato
had a moment of madness and considered buying a 9900k to replace my 8600k,

would I see any improvement?? only really play pubg.

reason I considered it, I could leave it basically stock in the bios and a have the same speeds without the worry of the OC stability/lifespan/temp

Be better off upgrading your ram as your CPU is more than enough. You'll see a bigger gain from upgrading ram IMO

maybe delid and OC 8600K to its max aswell.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Definitely worth buying if you plan on having the CPU for a while as its well future proofed. It should last a long time and if you decide to OC it would be even more of a beast, so its a good idea if you're upto spending that much for it

Soldato
In pubg he will

Recently made the jump from 3000 C15 to 3866 C17 and there is barely a difference.

OP like me will just have to accept that PUBG is poorly programmed.

I still get dips below 100fps at 1440 with my set-up with no apparent bottleneck as CPU +GPU usage are both well under 100% usage

Soldato
There was a video on youtYou a guy researched PUBG and ram speed.
It seemed to scale with increasing RAM speeds.

Why anyone is still playing that pre alpha broken game though is beyond me!

Back
Top Bottom