Street Fighter V

Associate
I'm totally addicted to this game even though i suck. Just made it to silver after playing for like 300 hours after switching my main to Ed then i got my ass handed to me and i'm back to ultra bronze again! I've always liked street fighter in general but never really figured out how to play fighting games beyond button mashing with friends before this and it's kind of addictive! Anyone here still playing? If anyone gets bored of playing in silence there's a cool discord i found. https://discordapp.com/invite/vSVHPVW I know it gets a lot of bad feedback due to it's dlc model but doesnt stop everyone from playing, get casual and ranked matches every couple of seconds, and it's overall presentation like stages and music is epic, really feels like a remake of street fighter ii and thats not really a bad thing... plus watching people like low tier god is kind of amusing!

Last edited:
Soldato
Thought I'd give this another go after the 18GB patch... nope still sucks. Can't even do a simple combo:

What are you struggling with? I can tell already that you aren't doing a QCF, you're doing a d, d/f.

QCF is d, d/f, f. Look at how the LK button is being pressed before you're reaching forward on the QCF. Gotta do it a lot quicker man, I don't think it's an issue with the game.

Soldato
My point is the game is too strict with inputs
I feel it's much less strict than 4, way way way less strict. I installed it again and tried that Rashid trial 1. You just need to buffer your inputs and you'll be fine. I could see you were trying to do QCF LK after the medium punch, that's almost impossible to do lol. You can just do QCF during the MP and press LK as the MP lands.

Soldato
Thought I'd give this another go after the 18GB patch... nope still sucks. Can't even do a simple combo:

You are trying to input the stick movement for the special after the punch instead of the same time.

The easiest way to learn this combo would be go into training mode, turn on auto block and just practice the medium punch into special. If it blocks your special then you are doing it to slow.

It probably will only take you about 10 mins to learn how to cancel normal into special and it's pretty much needed for most fighting games.

There is no real timming to this game. You are just doing it in the wrong order.

Soldato
Thought I'd give this another go after the 18GB patch... nope I still suck. Can't even do a simple combo:

Fixed this for you :p

Seriously though its much easier to pull of combos in SFV that in previous titles. I 100% sure on the directional inputs (its definately not stricter) but frame timings have been relaxed a lot.
Are you still playing SFIV? if not its just probably more a case of you being rusty than stricter inputs.

Associate
I'm looking for people to play against regularly.

LP is around 4k, Birdie main.

Add me on steam if you're interested - 'Artheas', portal bot icon.

Associate
I'm looking for people to play against regularly.

LP is around 4k, Birdie main.

Add me on steam if you're interested - 'Artheas', portal bot icon.
Does Vian not offer a challenge?

I'd like to see you play Elrasho, he was my ultimate nemesis is SF4, that Able had no right to win so many times haha

Man of Honour
Does Vian not offer a challenge?

I'd like to see you play Elrasho, he was my ultimate nemesis is SF4, that Able had no right to win so many times haha

That guy had no fear!

Are there any rumblings about SF6? I really hope it goes back to the SF4 style of gameplay as SF5 killed the series for me.

Soldato
That guy had no fear!

Are there any rumblings about SF6? I really hope it goes back to the SF4 style of gameplay as SF5 killed the series for me.

Yeah same im looking forward to a decent sf6, can't get into 5.

Mortal kombat 11 looks really nice out in april.

If anyone is still playing usf4 I would be up for some games. I haven't played in long time though so would be rusty.

Also if they do a decent mvc4 I would be loving that.

Man of Honour
Yeah same im looking forward to a decent sf6, can't get into 5.

Mortal kombat 11 looks really nice out in april.

If anyone is still playing usf4 I would be up for some games. I haven't played in long time though so would be rusty.

Also if they do a decent mvc4 I would be loving that.

I've moved onto Smash since Ultimate came out. I'd love to get into another good Street Fighter though.

Soldato
That guy had no fear!

Too true! Across the screen wheel kicks all day :cool: I keep trying to get back into SFV but everytime it leaves me underwhelmed.

Back
Top Bottom