** ENSO MESH - FORUM REVIEW SAMPLES **

Soldato
Corsair LL120s are nice, but you then need the corsair commander pro (or just plug into the motherboard) for them to work!
Cheers for the advice. Decided to go for bitfenix spectre addressable RGB fans. Figure should put some money into bitfenix since I got a free case.

First impressions of the case are very good. Nice and easy to put my old set-up into it and like the PSU shroud. Have bother with any cable management yet as new build should be going in soon. Taking pictures as I go and will do a full review once I have put a Ryzen build in

Soldato
I should be doing a write up this weekend, provided I decide on and order a cooler in time. Build will be:

R5 2600
Asus ROG Strictly X-470 F
16gb DDR4
HX520

Associate
Any update from the guys who have received the case?

Interested in how your thoughts compared to mine and how yours look!

Unfortunately mine hasn't been built in as my power supply is too wide to be able to fit and get the modular cables into it. The build itself (as stupidly I put everything in before checking the power supply) was great, the case feels a little cheap when compared to the corsair I was moving it from and sections were thin and flimsy. Layout was good, and there should have been plenty of air flow through the case with the fans that were provided.

Associate
Unfortunately mine hasn't been built in as my power supply is too wide to be able to fit and get the modular cables into it. The build itself (as stupidly I put everything in before checking the power supply) was great, the case feels a little cheap when compared to the corsair I was moving it from and sections were thin and flimsy. Layout was good, and there should have been plenty of air flow through the case with the fans that were provided.

Ah, that's a shame!

Yeah, I really had to squeeze my power supply in.

I agree about the materials, it does the job, but doesnt feel as premium as my old Fractal case.

In terms of looks, I can't really fault it, though I have disabled the rgb on the front fans, it was a little obnoxiuos after a while!

Soldato
Taken me a lot longer to build than anticipated, underestimated the amount of cable management needed when so much RGB is involved. Ran into a few problems so waiting on some more cables so I am happy with it. On that note, haven't been able to work out how to connect the RGB controller to my motherboard, seems I need a 3 pin rgb extension but can't seem to find many for sale, any advice would be appreciated

Associate
Taken me a lot longer to build than anticipated, underestimated the amount of cable management needed when so much RGB is involved. Ran into a few problems so waiting on some more cables so I am happy with it. On that note, haven't been able to work out how to connect the RGB controller to my motherboard, seems I need a 3 pin rgb extension but can't seem to find many for sale, any advice would be appreciated

Do you have an Asus aura motherboard?

Everything should just connect to the control box on the back panel if not.

Soldato

**This case was RMA'd for the state issue I had. Will do a new review shortly as new case is better quality**

Okay taken a while for this, I had some issue with the case front panel RGB being intermittent which I was trying to fix before doing a review. Unfortunately I haven't been able to, appears it was a loose connection/wire issue and it has completely given up now.

I thought I would but a coupld images of my old build so people can see my lack of cable management skills, will but in perspective the end result in the Bitfenix Enso Mesh.

kgXmo4tm.jpg LXJOsD4m.jpg

I decided to put a new Ryzen Build into this case, and based the system around it. I bought 5 Spectre Addressable fans and went for a Asus motherboard to make use of Aura Sync. Along with a mixture of Bitfenix braided cables and braiding a few myself. The build that went into it is:

Ryzen 5 2600
Asus X470-F
16gb Teamgroup Nighthawk RBH 3000mhz
PowerColor Red Devil RX 580
Corsair HX520

1w6HLRzh.jpg

The case came well packaged, with nice high density foam protecting it, the box had taken a few knocks but the case wasn't damaged
XhpJbN1m.jpg WofbX7Zm.jpg

First impressions of the case were it looked very good but the overall feel of it was not premium, the tempered glass screen is very nice and gives a great view of the internals. Coming from a Coolermaster CM690, having a PSU shroud is great and cleans up the look of the inside a lot. The case comes with 1 Bitfenix Spectre RGB and a standard bitfenix fan, as well as the standard screws etc. The removable fan filters are brilliant and have made a noticeable difference to the dust in my case. You also get a choice of magnetic covers for the top fan mounts.

ma83YCrl.jpg VPceO4Nl.jpg

Taking a closer look at the the build quality is quite poor, my case had a number of rivets that hadn't been installed properly and were sticking out at strange angles. Later on when I powered on the RGB front panel, it was temperamental and kept cutting out before eventually giving up completely. For a case marketed for its RGB this is somewhat disappointing. The HDD cages are very flimsy and cheap, noticeably worse than the ones in the CM690.

Qitd08Am.jpg fGVlzhVm.jpg

Installing the system into the case was straight forward, I opted for 240mm radiator in the front and there was plenty of room, there is a cutout in the PSU shroud to accommodate 360mm. You also have the option for a 120mm at the back but there is not enough clearance at the top for any radiator. The trade off for having the option for a 360mm radiator is that you get limited PSU space. Anything over 160mm will be a struggle, my HX520 is only 150mm so provided plenty of space for me but if I was going to upgrade it I would need to choose wisely.

niZQ2Ukh.jpg
I found there to be just enough space for cable management behind the motherboard tray, even with opting for Bitfenix Alchemy PSU extensions and 6 RGB fans. There are plenty of tie down areas so they can be kept neatly out of the way. There is fantastic airflow in the case and my RX580 is running a lot cooler than in the CM690, it is also surprisingly quiet, I was worried that with a glass side panel I was going to get a lot of noise.

Nm7m8J4h.jpg VkF2AG8h.jpg
(Bit messy but does the job)

You get 3 SSD mounting points, 1 behind the motherboard tray which is very easy to use and route cables from. The other 2 are towards the front of the case and are quite awkward to use. They get in the way of the 2 rubber grommets to route cables through, making it very awkward to work around them, I found going for very short sata cables helped here. I was worried about having only 2 3.5" but ultimately it is plenty for my needs, after I bought a couple of larger drives. It would have been a nice option to have a movable HDD cage for when a 360mm radiator was not being used.

AQMFKbUl.jpg

If it wasn't for the build quality issues I would happily recommend this case, unfortunately though as it stands I do not think it is worth the cost. I could have been unlucky with this case but can only go on what is in front of me. If I manage to source a working front panel I will probably keep the case and add some addressable light strips and probably swap out the rear fan for a addressable one too, as I do like it. Without the front panel working though I feel it ruins the aesthetics of the case.

3wt7Lsah.jpg
I would like to thank BitFenix, Umberto and @Connor@Overclockers for the opportunity to test and review this case, I apologise it is not the most complimentary review but thought it only fair to be honest.

h4TCxP7h.jpg JD0vWplh.jpg

TLDR: The case looks good and installation was easy, airflow is great and I found cable management in the case very simple. Unfortunately the build quality lets the case down completely, I had a number of rivets in the case that were not in properly, front RGB lights were intermittent, eventually not working at all and the overall materials used feel a bit cheap, particularly the HDD bays. I couldn't recommend this case, even with its current reduced price at £70 the build quality needs to be better, initially I had planned to keep my new system in the case but I am starting to regret basing by whole build around it. It is a shame as the case has a lot of potential and I really want to be able to recommend it!

On a more positive note, the Bitfenix braided PSU extension cables and fan cables I bought are fantastic quality and great value for money. Would happily recommend them to anyone. Similarly the RGB spectre fans appear the be great.

Final Set-up for now, with wonky monitor:

Sag8mRfh.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Okay taken a while for this, I had some issue with the case front panel RGB being intermittent which I was trying to fix before doing a review. Unfortunately I haven't been able to, appears it was a loose connection/wire issue and it has completely given up now.

I decided to put a new Ryzen Build into this case, and based the system around it. I bought 5 Spectre Addressable fans and went for a Asus motherboard to make use of Aura Sync. Along with a mixture of Bitfenix braided cables and braiding a few myself. The build that went into it is:

Ryzen 5 2600
Asus X470-F
Corsair HX520

First impressions of the case were it looked very good but the overall feel of it was not premium, the tempered glass screen is very nice and gives a great view of the internals. Coming from a Coolermaster CM690, having a PSU shroud is great and cleans up the look of the inside a lot. The case comes with 1 Bitfenix Spectre RGB and a standard bitfenix fan, as well as the standard screws etc. The removable fan filters are brilliant and have made a noticeable difference to the dust in my case.

Taking a closer look at the the build quality is quite poor, my case had a number of rivets that hadn't been installed properly and were sticking out at strange angles. Later on when I powered on the RGB front panel, it was temperamental and kept cutting out before eventually giving up completely. For a case marketed for its RGB this is somewhat disappointing. The HDD cages are very flimsy and cheap, noticeably worse than the ones in the CM690.

Installing the system into the case was straight forward, I opted for 240mm radiator in the front and there was plenty of room, there is a cutout in the PSU shroud to accommodate 360mm. You also have the option for a 120mm at the back but there is not enough clearance at the top for any radiator. The trade off for having the option for a 360mm radiator is that you get limited PSU space. Anything over 160mm will be a struggle, my HX520 is only 150mm so provided plenty of space for me but if I was going to upgrade it I would need to choose wisely.

I found there to be just enough space for cable management behind the motherboard tray, even with opting for Bitfenix Alchemy PSU extensions and 6 RGB fans. There are plenty of tie down areas so they can be kept neatly out of the way. There is fantastic airflow in the case and my RX580 is running a lot cooler than in the CM690, it is also surprisingly quiet, I was worried that with a glass side panel I was going to get a lot of noise.

You get 3 SSD mounting points, 1 behind the motherboard tray which is very easy to use and route cables from. The other 2 are towards the front of the case and are quite awkward to use. They get in the way of the 2 rubber grommets to route cables through, making it very awkward to work around them, I found going for very short sata cables helped here. I was worried about having only 2 3.5" but ultimately it is plenty for my needs, after I bought a couple of larger drives. It would have been a nice option to have a movable HDD cage for when a 360mm radiator was not being used.

If it wasn't for the build quality issues I would happily recommend this case, unfortunately though as it stands I do not think it is worth the cost. I could have been unlucky with this case but can only go on what is in front of me. If I manage to source a working front panel I will probably keep the case and add some addressable light strips and probably swap out the rear fan for a addressable one too, as I do like it. Without the front panel working though I feel it ruins the aesthetics of the case.

I would like to thank BitFenix, Umberto and @Connor@Overclockers for the opportunity to test and review this case, I apologise it is not the most complimentary review but thought it only fair to be honest.

If there is any interest I can I have photos throughout the build and the case I am happy to post, as well as the system up and running.

TLDR: The case looks good and installation was easy, airflow is great and I found cable management in the case very simple. Unfortunately the build quality lets the case down completely, I had a number of rivets in the case that were not in properly, front RGB lights were intermittent, eventually not working at all and the overall materials used feel a bit cheap, particularly the HDD bays. I couldn't recommend this case, even with its current reduced price at £70 the build quality needs to be better, initially I had planned to keep my new system in the case but I am starting to regret basing by whole build around it. It is a shame as the case has a lot of potential and I really want to be able to recommend it!

On a more positive note, the Bitfenix braided PSU extension cables and fan cables I bought are fantastic quality and great value for money. Would happily recommend them to anyone. Similarly the RGB spectre fans appear the be great.

great honest review and manufacturers will only learn from opinions like this. well done to you sir. did you do any pics by any chance ?

Associate

Ryzen 5 2600
Asus X470-F
Corsair HX520

First impressions of the case were it looked very good but the overall feel of it was not premium, the tempered glass screen is very nice and gives a great view of the internals. Coming from a Coolermaster CM690, having a PSU shroud is great and cleans up the look of the inside a lot. The case comes with 1 Bitfenix Spectre RGB and a standard bitfenix fan, as well as the standard screws etc. The removable fan filters are brilliant and have made a noticeable difference to the dust in my case.

If there is any interest I can I have photos throughout the build and the case I am happy to post, as well as the system up and running.

Thanks for this review, this is the kind of review i came in here to read and as marco.da.man said a few pics would set your review off.

Last edited:
Soldato
great honest review and manufacturers will only learn from opinions like this. well done to you sir. did you do any pics by any chance ?

Thanks for this review, this is the kind of review i came i here to read and as marco.da.man said a few pics would set your review off.

Thanks for the feedback, never done a review before! Will get some photos added today

Soldato

Thanks for this review, this is the kind of review i came in here to read and as marco.da.man said a few pics would set your review off.

Added pictures to the the review now.

Been looking at other cases and the Bitfenix Enso Mesh seems to fit my needs the best. I have emailed Bitfenix to see if I can buy a new front panel for the case, otherwise I will likely buy another one but will have to find one locally so I can inspect the build quality before buying. Don't want the hassle of having to post cases back if I were to get another similar to this.

Associate
Added pictures to the the review now.

Been looking at other cases and the Bitfenix Enso Mesh seems to fit my needs the best. I have emailed Bitfenix to see if I can buy a new front panel for the case, otherwise I will likely buy another one but will have to find one locally so I can inspect the build quality before buying. Don't want the hassle of having to post cases back if I were to get another similar to this.

nice little set up sir, I see what you mean about the rivets at a silly angle, not exactly the greatest set off, also shame about case front rgb, have you tried a spliter to sort this ? or just plug that in individual and see if get anything ? which i presume you've tried ?

other than that great review again and pics finish it a treat.

thanks

Associate
OP
I would like to thank BitFenix, Umberto and @Connor@Overclockers for the opportunity to test and review this case, I apologise it is not the most complimentary review but thought it only fair to be honest

Hey Repta - Hope you've had an amazing weekend!

Thanks for the review, it was very comprehensive, a lot more than I was expecting hahaha. New build looks fresh too, I think the braided cables are nice touch, I kinda wanna try out the new RGB cables as I've yet to see them in person but I have a feeling they're so over-kill. XD

Just wanna reiterate what everyone else has been saying though, we want your honest opinion as you're the face of our enthusiast market, everything you say gets fed back to the BitFenix team. Your time, thoughts and opinions are always valued even if it's constructive criticism as that's how the best improvements are made right? Don't wanna be thinking you guys would sell out for just a case sample, clearly it's a need for the 'brown envelope' accessory pack next time too. ;)

No need to thanks us for the opportunity, but I'd definitely like to thank you for the time you've taken, it's super appreciated!

Hope it wasn't too much trouble moving the build over,

Connor

Associate
OP
Here is my review, I haven't really gone into technical details regarding temperatures etc, but it's more my observations when putting it together and what I feel could be improved.

First of all, I’d like to say how grateful I am to BitFenix, Umberto and Connor for the opportunity to test and review the Enso Mesh case.

Although I have received the case, fans and LED strips courtesy of the guys mentioned above, I feel it is only fair to review this as honestly as I can. It not only is good for the consumer but also gives BitFenix real feedback which will hopefully help them design even better cases in the future.

From first opening the box, I did feel that the materials weren’t as premium as I thought it would be. Coming from a Fractal Design R4, the Enso Mesh felt a little less sturdy than what I am directly comparing it to.

The case itself is relatively light and the glass panel is large which gives you a nice view of the internals, however.

The thumbscrews on the back do feel a little cheap, the thumb grip is made of plastic, a fully metal screw would be nicer.

Installation is pretty straightforward, in my case, I did have to remove the rear fan first to attach the motherboard securely.

My motherboard is the Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X, and it does fit snugly inside the case, however, the case is missing one standoff screw option, so when I’m pulling out the motherboard cable, it does start to flex, which wouldn’t be the case if there was another standoff to screw in securely.

I would have liked it if there was another cable grommet further up the case to allow me to feed the motherboard and USB 3 cable horizontally as they droop down, there are cutouts and vents in that section where it could be, I’m not sure what these are for, but I would have preferred for there to be one more section to mount an SSD on the rear side instead of this.

The case barely fits my Noctua NH-D15, as the front fan does touch the glass. I have had to make a small adjustment to two of the screws that hold the glass in place to allow to screw in securely.

Going to the other side of the motherboard tray and cable management, I’ll be honest I’m not the best system builder, but I do like things to be neat, I just felt like everything was a little cramped for me.

The PSU area is a little too small, my PSU fits, but I did have to angle my cables in such a way which makes me a little uncomfortable.

The HDD trays are made of plastic and feel a little flimsy, again I would have preferred for these to be made out of metal with the option to screw the hard drives in before sliding them into the cage.

There are plenty of little mounting points to zip tie the cables securely and make it neat, but I think an extra 1-2 cm in width would have been nice, as trying to close the case can be hard, as it is extremely tight indeed.

There is a large section towards the front fans that I feel could have been covered up more, as when you peer inside the case, you can look through this opening, and particularly with the RGB fans, it's hard to organise all the cables neatly, so it does look a little messy. I do understand that this space is so you can fit rad in the front.

Speaking of the RGB fans, I absolutely love them! My motherboard is not aura sync compatible, but there are plenty of presets for you to get a colour that you like. I know the Noctua colour scheme isn't the most appreciated, but the light purple hue gives them a certain look which I find enhances the system and is my preferred colour scheme.

Changing the colours is easy, there's an easy to access button on the top of the case that lets you cycle through the presets, but as it is located directly next to the power button, I would advise you to go into your power settings and change what the power button does, as I have turned off my computer by accident a couple of times.

The rear of the case is pretty standard, there is a little latch system for the rear ports for the PCI express cards, again these use the cheap feeling thumbscrews.

In terms of noise, it is a lot louder than my old case, but this does benefit temperatures, as idle and max temps have dropped when compared to the Fractal Design R4. I will state that the three front fans are running at full speed, I cannot control the fan speed through bios, unfortunately, so once I figure this out, I will update my review in terms of noise.

EDIT: I am now able to control the fans speed for all the fans and the noise has been reduced significantly. It is only slightly louder than my old case, which was positioned on the floor, the PC is now on my desk, so it is more audible. Fans have been set to silent.

In the beginning, from my initial impressions, I genuinely thought I would just have the case for a week or so to take pictures and video for the review purpose and put everything back in my original case.

But once I got everything up and running, I can definitely say I'm extremely happy that I've made the switch and I won't be going back.

For my needs, it's not quite there, I have four 3.5” drives, so I've had to purchase a couple of 2.5” drives to make up for this, but I feel it's worth the small investment. I also require a DVD/Blu-Ray burner on occasion, so I'll have to look for an adaptor of some sorts to help me when required. Hot swapping the drives isn't as easy as I'd like, as I've mentioned before, cable management is tough in such a cramped space.

I've now moved my case from the floor to my desk, as visually, it is really something to look at and be proud of. I love the way it looks, especially in white, it looks modern, clean and really draws attention to itself.

Would I recommend this case, absolutely. For the price, it's a great deal, looks incredible and well built. A few minor tweaks here and there would make it almost perfect. You just have to be wary of what components can fit inside the case.

System specs
Intel 9700k
Noctua NH-D15
EVGA GTX 980TI
16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
EVGA Supernova G2 650W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply

I will update my review with photos tomorrow.

I totally missed your review Ravl, the video looks amazing! Do you have a page or website you want us to credit for it, if you're okay for Danny to share it on social?

Thanks again for taking the time to review the case though and I'm really glad the swap worked out for you, nothing like a fresh look to start off the year. ;)

I had a go at building in the BitFenix ENSO mesh white too, I'll upload some photos later, cable management was a bit fiddly I had the same issue with you as I had way too many cables with maxed out RGB fans/strips, but then again at least you only have to close the back panel once hahaha - the finished build looks really nice. (Maybe that's a bit biased just because I'm a big fan of white cases, although getting a set of components to match is a nightmare).

Soldato
nice little set up sir, I see what you mean about the rivets at a silly angle, not exactly the greatest set off, also shame about case front rgb, have you tried a spliter to sort this ? or just plug that in individual and see if get anything ? which i presume you've tried ?

other than that great review again and pics finish it a treat.

thanks

Thanks! I am pretty it is the LEDs themselves that have dead. When I first got it they were flickering unless the cable was held in a certain way. Presumed it was a loose connection somewhere but they finally gave up last week, going dim blue before stopping completely.

Hey Repta - Hope you've had an amazing weekend!

Thanks for the review, it was very comprehensive, a lot more than I was expecting hahaha. New build looks fresh too, I think the braided cables are nice touch, I kinda wanna try out the new RGB cables as I've yet to see them in person but I have a feeling they're so over-kill. XD

Just wanna reiterate what everyone else has been saying though, we want your honest opinion as you're the face of our enthusiast market, everything you say gets fed back to the BitFenix team. Your time, thoughts and opinions are always valued even if it's constructive criticism as that's how the best improvements are made right? Don't wanna be thinking you guys would sell out for just a case sample, clearly it's a need for the 'brown envelope' accessory pack next time too. ;)

No need to thanks us for the opportunity, but I'd definitely like to thank you for the time you've taken, it's super appreciated!

Hope it wasn't too much trouble moving the build over,

Connor

No worries, as said while it was a bit negative the case has a lot of potential, I can't find anything I would choose over it. Particularly as I am not a fan of tempered glass fronts that most cases seem to be moving towards.

I contemplated RGB cables but thought it was a bit much! Not to mention the extra cables to manage. I have a bit more cable braiding to do on the io cables but that is on hold for minute. An addressable light strip and replacing the rear fan with an addresable spectre will no doubt happen at some point.

With luck I'll be able to buy a new front panel of Bit Fenix, if not I think I will wait to Insomnia and pick a new one up then.

Back
Top Bottom