theHunter: Call of the Wild

Associate
Running 2560 x 1440p here (Dell U2711 - 7 years old and still going strong). With a 1070 and an i5 2500k at 4.5 (also 7 years old).

Maxed out. Never drops below 55 (tbh I gave up counting)

Looks bloody good to me.

Soldato
FPS is normally about 45 maybe a bit lower but game runs very smoothly, 1070 is well cooled so GPU clock doesn't go below 2100.
Shadows: High
Terrain Detail: Ultra
Scene Complexity: Ultra
Water Quality: Ultra
Texture Resolution: Ultra
Volume Fog: Off
Fur Quality: High
Anisotropic Filtering: Off
SSAO: On
Motion Blur: Off
Screen Space Reflection: On
Global Illumination: Off
Heat Haze: Off
Anti Aliasing: FXAA

Thanks. My overclocked 2070 is easily the match of a stock 1080ti. Check the timespy bench thread it beats many a 1080ti. Yet I barely manage 45fps at 1440p let alone 4K

Soldato
Running 2560 x 1440p here (Dell U2711 - 7 years old and still going strong). With a 1070 and an i5 2500k at 4.5 (also 7 years old).

Maxed out. Never drops below 55 (tbh I gave up counting)

Looks bloody good to me.
Is that at ultra settings and on which map? Does that include Africa?

Associate
Actually my settings are more or less exactly the same as someone posted above. A couple of things that affect fps turned off. Anyways I don't get too hung up on things like fps anymore. If it runs smooth with no pop ins I'm good with that. My 1070 is a Gigabyte G1 gaming - well overclocked.

BTW I actually stopped using FRAPS and the Steam FPS overlay because it caused the game to crash (ymmv)
Afterburner was a complete non starter.

Soldato
Actually I've just enabled Steam overlay and gone to Africa and the Frame rates are lower here than I thought still getting ~40FPS though, game is still playable, no stutters, lag or tearing.

33225467338_5f2152fa5e_o.jpg

Associate
Err actually. I just had look and when I said that I never "drop" below 55 what I should have said was that I never go "above" 55.

50 average. And yeah. Africa is lower. Still looks good enough to my eyes though.

Caporegime
OP
its not a game where you need massive fps or it rearly makes much of a difference. would be great to do some mp together in a group. :D

Soldato
Like Boge I get ~55FPs at 1440, what CPU are you running and at what speed?
A 2700X at stock. My gpu is reporting 100% using msi ab and I have steam FPS overlay running. Maybe they are my issue!

I don’t have binocular vision and get headaches at less than 60fps. I get screen tearing if I don’t set vsync.

It’s strange I’m getting less FPS at 1440p with a 2070 than people with a 1070 at 4K. I will endeavour to match the above settings and report back.

Thanks to all for helping!

Associate
Wow. Headaches? Man, that's not good.

I do think people have become a bit too obsessed with FPS though.

Remember the days of trying to get Crysis to run at 30 FPS?

That was the benchmark back then. Cost a small fortune to do it too (and I did,go there)

Maybe I'm old school but anything above 30 fps (on a 60Hz monitor) I'm happy with.

Soldato
Wow. Headaches? Man, that's not good.

I do think people have become a bit too obsessed with FPS though.

Remember the days of trying to get Crysis to run at 30 FPS?

That was the benchmark back then. Cost a small fortune to do it too (and I did,go there)

Maybe I'm old school but anything above 30 fps (on a 60Hz monitor) I'm happy with.
I’m happy with 60 but yeah awful headaches if it drops much below. Whilst I have vision in both eyes I have one dominant eye and can only see out of that one eye. If I cover my dominant eye then the sight in the other eye ‘kicks in’. Can’t watch 3d movies and can’t game on consoles (at least that’s my excuse!)

Soldato
B40tfEy.png

Shed loads of Buffalo's here if anyone is interested. Just got 12 of them, 1 Gold (I'm happy). But they danced on me twice :(

The latest patch has definitely added something extra to the game.

Soldato
FPS is normally about 45 maybe a bit lower but game runs very smoothly, 1070 is well cooled so GPU clock doesn't go below 2100.
Shadows: High
Terrain Detail: Ultra
Scene Complexity: Ultra
Water Quality: Ultra
Texture Resolution: Ultra
Volume Fog: Off
Fur Quality: High
Anisotropic Filtering: Off
SSAO: On
Motion Blur: Off
Screen Space Reflection: On
Global Illumination: Off
Heat Haze: Off
Anti Aliasing: FXAA

I finally managed to steal myself away from Dark Souls 3 and fired this up again with Pie Eaters settings. I had to use FXAA and TA as without TA it looked to bad on my screen.

Anyway I got my locked 60fps with the gpu running at an average of 80% and 61c (hurrah for triple slot coolers!)

Soldato
I finally managed to steal myself away from Dark Souls 3 and fired this up again with Pie Eaters settings. I had to use FXAA and TA as without TA it looked to bad on my screen.

Anyway I got my locked 60fps with the gpu running at an average of 80% and 61c (hurrah for triple slot coolers!)
One of the best looking environment games out at the moment, i have everything on ultra and all enabled, as i want the best looking graphics, why have you turned a lot of settings off ? i am only running on 780ti, mind you my fps goes down quiet a lot sometimes.

Soldato
One of the best looking environment games out at the moment, i have everything on ultra and all enabled, as i want the best looking graphics, why have you turned a lot of settings off ? i am only running on 780ti, mind you my fps goes down quiet a lot sometimes.
Personally I find that the game looks much better at 4k than it does on my native 1440p with everything maxed out, in order to run it at 4K I have to turn off Volume Fog, Heat Haze and Global Illumination all of which are frame rate killers and although they can make the game more atmospheric are things I am happy to loose for the FPS gains. I turn Motion Blur off all my games as I really don't like the effect, and AF is off because with up-scaling to 4K the image is pretty sharp without it. This game has been the reason for my past two GPU upgrades (Classic then COTW) as it really is stunning at 4K but does need fairly decent hardware for this to be playable, thankfully it's very playable at ~40FPS.

Back
Top Bottom