• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
I've had a go at this and got it to 1670/1100.

Only thing is it has crazy coil whine and the temps aren't great. Regularly getting up in the 70s and had to adjust the fan curve as if not was getting up close to 80s.

Any way to get rid of coil whine and these temps?
Coil whine is usually at high fps - what resolution are you running at?

Associate
Out of interest how quiet is quiet for you? My card runs at 70 degrees, with fans spinning at 2150RPM, loud enough to hear over headphones for me.
My powersave bios setting - P7 1672/1050 - gives steady 1600+ mhz and good FPS - fan left on auto, temps 68 deg max, fans spinning around 1130rpm.
It's quiet like that.
I have an AIO cooler on my CPU, which may make a difference to temps - someone pointed out in the 56 forum that their cpu cooler my be blowing hot air on their card.

Also found 1080mhz feels much more stable for my mem.

Associate
Sometimes when I try to wake my display (Dell S2719DGF) by shaking the mouse or keyboard it doesn't come back on. I try powering the monitor off or unplugging from the GPU but it doesn't do anything.

The only thing that works is restarting the PC and when i load into Windows I get the message that Wattman settings have been restored to default. Don't know what could possibly be crashing it during idling. It seems to run fine undervolted in any game I play or stress test I do.

Played around with the Windows Power settings but it hasn't fixed it.

Someone suggested locking the HBM onto one P state so I'll have to test that out.

Associate
Sometimes when I try to wake my display (Dell S2719DGF) by shaking the mouse or keyboard it doesn't come back on. I try powering the monitor off or unplugging from the GPU but it doesn't do anything.

The only thing that works is restarting the PC and when i load into Windows I get the message that Wattman settings have been restored to default. Don't know what could possibly be crashing it during idling. It seems to run fine undervolted in any game I play or stress test I do.

Someone suggested locking the HBM onto one P state so I'll have to test that out.
Try right clicking on P1 and setting that as the minimum state - see if that fixes it for now.

Associate
Running it on a 4k monitor. Also I can't get my card to run at high 60s with that low a fan speed. Nowhere near. It's even got coil whine when doing video editing (4k 60fps stuff)
Coil whine at 60FPS would suggest a problem with the card.
I have a Fractal R5 case which has a 140 fan blowing over the card - I'd knocked the fan controller onto full without noticing - so I'll check temps later with the case fans on low.

Associate

Have you set you RAM to XMP (3000mhz) in Bios? Mine does that and i found setting it back to default (2600mhz) sorted it

Associate
Well, I've swapped the sapphire Vega 64 today for a new one as the coil whine was rubbish. Got home plugged it in and though it was perfect. Just loaded a game up and the same coil whine .This isn't doing it on the desktop like the other one was but in games it's loud still .Any ideas?

Associate
Try right clicking on P1 and setting that as the minimum state - see if that fixes it for now.

The same thing happened when doing that. At the moment only locking the min and max to a single HBM p state seems to work

I was also told to try adjusting the voltage swing in the display tab and since doing that i haven't had any issues but I'll wait and see

Soldato
I use 4k optimised - around 6850 for powersave bios undervolt, P7 1672/1050.
I've got it up to 7011 but that's not stable in game.
Just ran one on my Vega 64, got 5082.
At the moment im stuck at 4998 @ 1080p extreme. I haven't had any luck with memory over 1025. While everything runs without crashing the overall score decreases by a fair bit so not usable for the time being. Then again I'm certainly not that experienced yet with vega undervolting/overclocking. Been able to hit 1620 actual core clock using 1,025v. Tips or pointers would be appreciated.

Associate
Running it on a 4k monitor. Also I can't get my card to run at high 60s with that low a fan speed. Nowhere near. It's even got coil whine when doing video editing (4k 60fps stuff)
Checked my temps and fan speed with case fans on low - still runs up to 69 deg max, fans running around 1115-1130ish, with the occasional burst up to 1540ish.
Runs @1600-1615mhz
Bios on powersave - P7 1672/1050. mem 1080/1000
Case fractal R5 - 140 fan blowing over card - aio 240 cooler for cpu.

Back
Top Bottom