Samsung 49'' inch monitor (CRG9) release date 22 April and cost about 1.400£

Soldato
Yes, dimming zones would be nice to know. I wonder if it’s improved since the CHG90, which from memory only had 9 or 12.

You’ll need to enable HDR to test it, and then use a black screen. Move the mouse around and see how many areas of the screen light up grey from pure black.

Associate
Mine arrived this morning, and I've had some playtime with it already.
So reading instructions, I put it in HDR through Windows 10 HD Colour settings, changed the background to black, and moved the mouse around...

post.php

Otherwise, this is what it looks like :)

59680665_10155783982401442_9131237094205685760_o.jpg

photo.php

Last edited:

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I can't see it either.

Unfortunately it looks like on the laptop I've currently got the monitor connected to can't output HDR - or at least I can't see the options for it. It's also stuck at 30hz at the native res (over HDMI). I'll try another laptop later which has a better GPU.

Initial impressions are good although am no expert and not that picky. Text is sharp and easy to read. I've been making use of the 'Eye Saver Mode' today as I'm a coder and find it more convenient to enable/disable rather than mess around with brightness/contrast.

I think it could do with a little more curve so the left/right edges of the screen are facing more towards me - I'm sat fairly close to it though.

The stand has a decent level of adjustment and smooth movement but the monitor wobbles when you use the little joystick controller. As good as the stand is, I think I'm going to want a monitor arm.

Soldato
That’s more than 10, since there are 10 vertical and I can’t make out the horizontals. Last had 9 total zones I think in a 3x3 arrangement.

Unless of course there are now no horizontal zones?

Last edited:
Soldato
I see a bright bleed bottom right edge. Can you confirm this exists? Also could you download the DisplayHDR app from the windows 10 store and ensure the screen scores over 1000 if possible. You don't have to as you owe us nothing :p Enjoy your screen!

Soldato
I would say these pseudo attempts at HDR support, may as well look at them as a good SDR monitor because that dimming would help with SDR but simply not with HDR.

Last edited:

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I see a bright bleed bottom right edge. Can you confirm this exists? Also could you download the DisplayHDR app from the windows 10 store and ensure the screen scores over 1000 if possible. You don't have to as you owe us nothing :p Enjoy your screen!
I gave that app a quick go but tbh had no idea what it was doing. I cycled through all of the tests and some screens were ridiculously bright. I didn't see any 'score' but the numbers in the corner showed HDR10: 1023. Do I just need to start it and leave it running for a while?

Associate
Mine arrived this morning, and I've had some playtime with it already.
So reading instructions, I put it in HDR through Windows 10 HD Colour settings, changed the background to black, and moved the mouse around...

post.php

Otherwise, this is what it looks like :)

59680665_10155783982401442_9131237094205685760_o.jpg

photo.php

When you have a moment, would it be possible for you to take a phot of the display connections on the monitor? I wondering if i need to order some cables/adapters for my PC and also Mac’s. Thanks

Associate
So want to order it but going away in two weeks so need to know if its in stock :)
I put my order in on Friday morning with Mon-Fri delivery, order status is, order received, not yet shipped. so don’t know if that means it is on back order or if as it’s a bank holiday weekend it won’t be processed until Tuesday when they are back

Associate
I put my order in on Friday morning with Mon-Fri delivery, order status is, order received, not yet shipped. so don’t know if that means it is on back order or if as it’s a bank holiday weekend it won’t be processed until Tuesday when they are back

Thanks please keep me updated if you dont mind :) really want this monitor:)

Back
Top Bottom