It's too hot :(

Soldato
yeh felt pretty muggy and fierce sun today ,nice out on the water though .......

29o376g.jpg

Soldato
Praise be to Air Conditioning engineers!

Thar she blows - cold air! :D

Excuse the shabby tesco carrier bag window seal, will have to come up with a more elegant long term solution.

f6Rcsid.jpg

Man of Honour
Excuse the shabby tesco carrier bag window seal, will have to come up with a more elegant long term solution.

For a completely different application I've been wondering how to get a good seal like that around a window and not really found a good one :( I don't want to go drilling through the wall or anything.

I just want a proper Jo'burg thunderstorm. I've been to many places all over the world, yet never experienced a proper thunderstorm like in South Africa.

Only ever experienced something like that once in the UK and wasn't very long lived - unfortunately I think I've only got the tail end of it on video which isn't very impressive.

Soldato
For a completely different application I've been wondering how to get a good seal like that around a window and not really found a good one :( I don't want to go drilling through the wall or anything.

Will have to have a think. I've got some quite flexible black electrical tape I can use for the edges to get a nice seal on the black metal of my window frame, just got to figure out the best fabric material.

I ordered this window kit too to help with the seal, but I was an idiot and forget to check if it was in stock with the AC units I collected earlier and that part wasn't ready yet so will have to pop back later in the week.

Soldato
Even though it's rated at 2600W on the specs, it only seems to be pulling 850-900W at the socket during active cooling, then when it hits equilibrium it drops to about 30W.

My room is pretty small and it's soooooo much better already. I should have done this last year. It really only needs to be on for a little bit in the evening to take the muggy edge off, so I doubt it'll be too much leccy. Might have to set up my power meter to track it over an evening to see what it uses.

Back
Top Bottom